Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Help with my 06 A3

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 06:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Help with my 06 A3

I have had it about a month, performance has noticably slipped. When I attempt to accelerate in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th power come on quick but then it drops off at 3k rpms and stays flat. I can hear the diverter valve pop when I let my foot off the gas pedal. I don't think its the clutch as I don't have to push it in far to disengage it nor do I smell anything burning like it's slipping. I have no codes being thrown up and at idle it does not run rough just a little jerky. When I have it in park and tap the gas I can feel/hear it hesitate a bit. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:03 PM
1st Gear

I think its the diverter valve, on the way to the gym I gassed it in 3rd and I can hear a hiss then when i shift I hear the diverter valve let off. How can I diagnose the diverter valve without pulling it off? Anyone?

Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 AM
1st Gear

Anyone?

Old 04-29-2011, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by The Shatner
Anyone?
I also have an 06 A3. I was about to post a question about a faulty seat belt buckle and read your post, thought i might chime in...

The hissing you hear is definitely a broken diverter valve. It will prevent the turbo from maintaining pressure. These valves are made of ABS or some other plastic...

Don't quote me on this but I believe you can buy a machined aluminum diverter valve APR Tuning or some other aftermarket Audi company..

I know this because I was strongly suggested to replace the diverter valve with an aluminum one if I were to modify my ECU, because it makes the turbo work harder, putting more stress onto the valve.

I believe KDM tuning also has what you're looking for...

http://www.kmdtuning.com/index.php?_...&productId=166

don't bother diagnosing it...just get it replaced.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:17 PM
1st Gear

I ordered the new D valve from Audi. Once I get it in I am going to swap it out, thanks for chiming in, was thinking no one was going too.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

I ordered the new D valve from Audi. Once I get it in I am going to swap it out, thanks for chiming in, was thinking no one was going too.
cool, are the new ones made from billet aluminum? I vaguely remember a magazine mentioning that they had planned to use stronger valves, but not enough failures to warrant a voluntary recall...

mind if I ask how much it was? I believe the first time I heard of aftermarket valves it was about $600...they have come way down since then...

Old 05-02-2011, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

I paid 70.00 shipped from Europarts. I looked at them side by side when I pulled the old one out. The new one has a piston and not a rubber diaphram. My old one basically fell apart, it was in pieces when I pulled it out. I took it for a test drive and she feels like she is holding boost alot better. idle is smoother, throttle response is much crisper and I can feel the car pulling all the way to redline.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:55 PM
1st Gear

I think its the diverter valve, on the way to the gym I gassed it in 3rd and I can hear a hiss then when i shift I hear the diverter valve let off. How can I diagnose the diverter valve without pulling it off? Anyone?
The hissing noise is mostly because of faulty diverter. It is better to enquire with an Audi dealer rather than going for others words. He may give you the exact information regarding this.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Update

Put in the new D-DV. Horrible lag up to 4k, the check ending light has come on and now there is a rattle in the exhaust. I have had the car 2 months and ive replaced 2 coils, 2 fuel injectors, and the diverter valve for less performance and how I have to pull the exaust to find out whats going on. This thing is a snail compared to how it was when I bought it.