Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Hey Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Default Hey Everyone!

I currently drive an 05 Ram SRT-10 and absolutely love it.........except for the gas mileage .
My wife has an 07 a4 2.0t and whenever we commute we obviously take her car. I now have to commute much more and hate putting my wife out of her car all the time. I want to get an a3 after much research. I want something that is under 20k used, nice, gets good gas mileage, and is fun to drive. I cant have something that is too slow, but the 2.0t I know is pretty upgradeable, and my wifes a4 gets up and goes just fine for a sedan.

What do you guys think of the DSG?? I know i can get a manual for a little less than the DSG, and i love rowing through my own gears, but I have heard good things about the DSG. Thanks everyone!

Old 06-06-2010, 03:14 AM

So I ended up buying a 2006 charcoal a3 2.0t with DSG. It has 52XXX miles and I got it for 17,500 with a 3 year 36000mi warranty. It also has the ipod hookup in the glovebox, and open sky. This car is sooo nice!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 01:40 PM

Man this has to be the only forum I have ever been to that nobody even says hi to a new car owner. Nothing like VTCOA

Old 06-06-2010, 04:22 PM

I'll say Hi,
I had the A3 3.2 DSG on a 2006 and loved it. I now have a new S3 which I like even more.
When you get used to the DSG or 'S-Tronic' gearbox its very good. The only downside I have found is when parking on a hill or when slowing down for a junction then trying to accelarate hard it sometimes gets confused.
Over here they have a launch control system.
Basically you turn off the DSC, put your left foot hard on the brake and hold it there, put your right foot on the 'gas' pedal past the kickdown point. The revs will settle around 3000 then take your left foot off the brake and the car 'launches' itself.
I'm sure you will enjoy the quality of the car as well.
Regards

Old 06-07-2010, 12:04 AM

Yea I have had the same things with dsg happen. It will rev real high in drive if I step on it too hard, Also the check engine light came on, and then a couple hours later I checked and it was off....Im confused

Old 06-08-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mereside
put your left foot hard on the brake and hold it there, put your right foot on the 'gas' pedal past the kickdown point. The revs will settle around 3000 then take your left foot off the brake and the car 'launches' itself.
I used to have a '69 Mach I (351C) that I took the front brakes off of and would do the same thing with: now that was one hell of a 'launch'...

I'm not sure I 'd want to try it w/ me 'ol A3, I'd be afraid I might break something...