Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Hi! question about price?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 PM
1st Gear
Default Hi! question about price?

I'm currently looking to buy a new a3 with s-line. With all the options such at S-line/open sky/nav system the site brings it upto about 30k. If anyone is working at an audi dealership, can you give me a estimate of what kinda of deal i can get if i was to pay all by cash? I live in San francisco btw Thanks!

Old 06-04-2007, 07:40 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hi! question about price?

I would not "lead" with the idea that you're going to pay in cash because that is NOT advantageous to the dealership. They will get no finance income from the finance side of the business or the lending institution that is ultimately used.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

i dunno blue jay, i disagree, cash usually talks when it comes to price

Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

I agree, most people already pay cash for their cars who buy audi's. The dealer does better with financing the car, that's a fact! [sm=chairshot.gif]

mkimjoon you should be pricing your future car out online with several internet sites that cater to this. Vehix.com, kbb.com, autos.com, and so on. They all let you get quotes from multiple bay area dealers.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

Don't forget edmunds.com - and use the internet feature to be able to get quotes from different dealership - helps in the negotiations

Old 06-05-2007, 08:31 AM
1st Gear

jojoampt, the familiar phrase "cash is king" only works when one is dealing with a purchase that a retailer can "bury" in their annual sales activities. Like purchasing an expensive wristwatch, for example. It doesn't work with large durable-goods like cars that are registered with state government. Dealerships make more money from car purchases that are financed than they do from straight cash deals.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:08 PM
2nd Gear

$30k fully loaded A3? If that were the case I would have already bought one. A $30k A3 is pretty much a 2.0T DSG w/ the sport and cold weather package (Also the extra $400 or something for the pearl grey). Hard to believe you configured it will all the options for $30k.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:11 PM

I just bought my A3 S-Line 2.0T, 6-speed last week. It has: s-line, nav, open sky, cold weather, tech (xenon/bluetooth/sirius), and rear airbags. With destination sticker price was right around 35k. I paid 30,900 out the door with maintenance. It was a demo with very low miles, and was in perfect (better than perfect) condition.

-matt

Old 06-06-2007, 02:48 PM
1st Gear

i want a sline with DSG+nav+open sky. Don't need cold pkg since i live in california. Hope i can get it for 30k

Old 06-06-2007, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: latebreak

I just bought my A3 S-Line 2.0T, 6-speed last week. It has: s-line, nav, open sky, cold weather, tech (xenon/bluetooth/sirius), and rear airbags. With destination sticker price was right around 35k. I paid 30,900 out the door with maintenance. It was a demo with very low miles, and was in perfect (better than perfect) condition.

-matt

i couldn't quite make sense of your numbers until you said demo. i thought that was going to be the best deal any one here had ever gotten. but stilla demo is much better than a repo, rental or whatever.

it seems like you got yourself a nice deal.

Quick Reply: Hi! question about price?