Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

How fast is an upgraded A3 really?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:19 AM
Default RE: How fast is an upgraded A3 really?

wus up every body
hey chef found the problem it was stupid 3" intake from ATP does work good on not chiped cars but sucks on stage 2 REVO the one from Injen is very good. and the other thing is stupid DV any solution for it? i have 28000 miles on my A3 and replacd allready 3 DV's[:@][:'(].
oh by the way the A3 sucks from the line but roll on kicks ***[8D][8D] ask any STI or EVO or S4 new or old chiped in the DC area
still didnt have enough road or too much of the trafic to test the top speed but i know it goes well over 170+MPH[8D][8D]
and the WRX only from the line[>:] and the money you have to spend to beat my A3 you can go and find used M3

Old 04-29-2007, 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: odroggy

wus up every body
hey chef found the problem it was stupid 3" intake from ATP does work good on not chiped cars but sucks on stage 2 REVO the one from Injen is very good. and the other thing is stupid DV any solution for it? i have 28000 miles on my A3 and replacd allready 3 DV's[:@][:'(].
oh by the way the A3 sucks from the line but roll on kicks ***[8D][8D] ask any STI or EVO or S4 new or old chiped in the DC area
still didnt have enough road or too much of the trafic to test the top speed but i know it goes well over 170+MPH[8D][8D]
and the WRX only from the line[>:] and the money you have to spend to beat my A3 you can go and find used M3
I posted already on your DV problem.

If your A3 sucks from the line, then I'll assume you have the DSG??? You can launch a MT fairly well, especially if you have very sticky tires.

Top speed...I hit 150mph the weekend prior to the car being wrecked, during an Audi GTG, and the car still had enough juice to bring you well into the 160's. The biggest problem was the car started lifting after 140mph, and by 150mph my car floated to what felt like the top of the springs. A very scary feeling, so I lifted off the gas and came back to a reasonable speed. You'll need some lower and ground effects to stave off the air from getting under the car and lifting it up. Not sure how to add any more down force without making the car look absolutely horrid.

Cheers!

Old 04-29-2007, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnS1

Well here's a few links: TaxiGas.co.uk, and check out the UKPIA EU pump price comparison PDF for Feburary 2007. Your right Olivier the graph shows for our future a very scary pricing trend.

I agree with the 1K mark, as soon as Audi says your car is broken in is what I expect is the earliest time to start chipping your engine. It certainly doesn't hurt to wait until after your first service (5K miles), that way the A3 is well broken in, rather then marginally broken in.

Yes Californa where I live sucks as far as gas prices!
Damn JohnS1 - you are good at this. The graph is quite impressive and again proves that gas is not expensive, taxes are! When you look at something like this when 2/3 of the price is actually taxes, you can understand petrol producing countries are a little p!ssed, they make a crap lot of money but noting compared to the governments!
Next time I need to find something on the internet, I will just PM you!!!

Chef, the A3 2.0T is supposed to hit 145mph on its own, without any mods. I am a little surprised the floating feel you get with the car you have… Must be the driver???
odroggy, Chef, I suggest to add cement bags, a huge spoiler and a parachute to get to 170+mph !?! That is the only problem with front engine, difficult to add cement bags to the front…

Old 04-30-2007, 01:37 AM

LOL,

It must be my driving skills...

Maybe the drop with the coilovers will help plant it a little firmer on the ground, although I don't plan on hitting that speed again any time soon. BTW, the A3 is electronically limited to 130mph. I'm sure it would hit around 145/150mph, stock, if able, but it would take FOREVER to get there. Well modded, the car makes it there very quick, but don't get to radical with the steering![&:]

Cheers!

Old 04-30-2007, 03:11 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: olivier
Chef, the A3 2.0T is supposed to hit 145mph on its own, without any mods.
Note in an earlier topic we discussed how the stock A3 2.0T starts to roll off at about 110 MPH, and will eventually reach 131 MPH (speed kill switch setting). Chipping to stage one allows you to easily to reach 130 mp/h BTW, compared to stock 2.0 T. The top speed of the stock A3 2.0T will speed kill switch disabled was measured at 234 km/h or 145.4 mph, but that must be achieved after several minutes on a long stretch, perhaps using 93 octane gas (USA AKI).

Old 04-30-2007, 03:58 AM

if you drive it on the german autobahn it will reach after while 160 mph but it takes time
hey chef NO "DSG" 6MT
i do spin even in the 3 rd gear it is just a lot of power
and yes first time on the track with the stage 1 i was spinning all 3 gears thinking that i f.... my cluch
hey but i love the high way or roll on
just have to use to the power on the FWD
hey get you eibach springs trust me they are good and preaty cheap solution for your down force

Old 04-30-2007, 01:02 PM

I have Koni coilovers ordered and coming this week, so no need for the springs. My car also spun wildly through the first three gears, then I bought stickier tires and I only get wheelspin in 1rst gear, and very mildly in 2nd with the ESP off. Talk about launching now!

Cheers!

Old 04-30-2007, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnS1

ORIGINAL: olivier
Chef, the A3 2.0T is supposed to hit 145mph on its own, without any mods.
Note in an earlier topic we discussed how the stock A3 2.0T starts to roll off at about 110 MPH, and will eventually reach 131 MPH (speed kill switch setting). Chipping to stage one allows you to easily to reach 130 mp/h BTW, compared to stock 2.0 T. The top speed of the stock A3 2.0T will speed kill switch disabled was measured at 234 km/h or 145.4 mph, but that must be achieved after several minutes on a long stretch, perhaps using 93 octane gas (USA AKI).
I guessI had to check on my own.I hit 120 this morning on a slight uphill slope (with absolutely no traffic.. well there were way behind) and true enough, at 110+ the rate of aceleration did drop off noticeably so I can see how it would take some time to get to 145. The reason I mentioned the 145 is because it is the official top speed in Europe (the 145mph -UKor 236kph - mainland Europe).
On my way to 120Idid see that my Malfunction Indicator Lamp came on but I was more focused on the road... A call to my local dealership has been unsanswered and a message left an hour ago is still without a response... Does not provide me with a warm feeling inside.I am on my way to the dealership!
With just over 1K miles on the counter and being 'good', it was my first "fun" drive and now... I guess I will know soon. It sux.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:37 PM
1st Gear

I'm jealous! I get zero wheelspin.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

ooops...wrong forum

Quick Reply: How fast is an upgraded A3 really?