Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

HUGE HURRY!! Fuel economy A3 base 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: HUGE HURRY!! Fuel economy A3 base 2.0

ORIGINAL: Chef
Sports mode in the manual transmission is your foot to the floor and shifting at redline.
Good one chef! We DSG types sometimes forget you poor manual guys don’t have that feature!
BTW just went through the 5k service and had the I31B EUC update and noticed how quickly I shifted 1- 6 getting up to 45 compared to before. It was startling! I though I went from 1->4 -> 6 in about 3 seconds. They said this was to prevent a false engine malfunction light event from occurring, but I suspect some other changes.
Cheers also!

Old 06-09-2007, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

charlie whitten – let us know what options you are getting and please, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me as a sane, hard working, first rate citizen and knowledgeable, skilled driver that you are you decided to go with a MT so I can tell JohnS1 what I think about his overpriced, paddle g@yshift, lazy DSG .… Hum, never mind, I think he will understand…

Seriously though, let us know what you got, colors and everything, if you tell me Lava Grey with MT you will make my day, so punk, do you fell lucky?[sm=violent053.gif]

Old 06-10-2007, 08:52 AM

^^^ OH, you mean a REAL man's car.

Cheers!

Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 AM

well again ill say my lex400 does at worst 20 mpg round town but if you boot it then its 5mpg so it depends on how hard you drive it?

Old 06-10-2007, 11:05 AM
1st Gear

Lava Grey, Manual, Cold, Premium, Sky, Audio.. That's about it. I'm paying for and picking it up tomorrow and now I'm debating if I should try to get them to throw in an Ipod connector. This will be my wifes car so anyway, hope all goes well tomorrow..

Old 06-10-2007, 11:10 AM

Awesome.

Chip it, then throw on the coilovers.

Sweet!!!

Old 06-10-2007, 12:00 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: charlie whitten
...and now I'm debating if I should try to get them to throw in an Ipod connector.
Don’t debate, ask for it, the worst he can say is no. Every sales person knows that you do not want to leave as a straight no, especially if everything has not been signed yet, so in case the responsive is negative, have something else to ask for since it would be a little tougher to say no unless he is a real d!ck which then, well you are on your own buddy! He wants you to leave happy with a signed deal. Other things you could ask for are: sunshield, floor mats, rear window sunshield, cargo mat… Those are the thing I should have asked for… So try to get 2, one for me and one for you!

Old 06-10-2007, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

Sorry Olivier, but what is a sunshield and a rear window sunshield? I know this must be a silly question, but are these Audi items? I never saw anything on the options list..

Old 06-10-2007, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: charlie whitten

Sorry Olivier, but what is a sunshield and a rear window sunshield? I know this must be a silly question, but are these Audi items? I never saw anything on the options list..
They're not factory-installed options. They're accessories you can get through the Audi "store", and your dealer is sure to carry at least some of them as well. See here.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: olivier

charlie whitten – let us know what options you are getting and please, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me as a sane, hard working, first rate citizen and knowledgeable, skilled driver that you are you decided to go with a MT so I can tell JohnS1 what I think about his overpriced, paddle g@yshift, lazy DSG .… Hum, never mind, I think he will understand…

Seriously though, let us know what you got, colors and everything, if you tell me Lava Grey with MT you will make my day, so punk, do you fell lucky?[sm=violent053.gif]
I never said one is better then another, its about your driving preference. Either with DSG or MT the A3 is a great car. Some of us who drive metro area's get real spoiled by DSG transmission. I guess spending slightly more on a car makes me less knowledgeable, and skillful, but able to shift faster then chef or olivier!

Quick Reply: HUGE HURRY!! Fuel economy A3 base 2.0