Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

I want to lease a A3 , pls advise !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Default I want to lease a A3 , pls advise !!!!

I am thinking to lease a A3 with primium pkage with open sky .. 36 mon with 10k ir 12k mile for yr, what is the best deal i can get? and where? thank you very very much ! o, also, the saleperson offer me to purchase a bumper to bumper maintainece program for $600, is that a good deal ? should i get it?
thanks

Old 05-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Default RE: I want to lease a A3 , pls advise !!!!

o btw, i want a A3 , FWD, 2.0 with DSG. what is the lowest payment i can ask for ? with 2500 drive off ?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:12 PM

[&:]- maybe a sales person can help???

I always purchase my cars since I drive a lot of miles.

It's a great car though.

Cheers!

Old 05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
1st Gear

Joy_Joy_Joy, it probably wouldn't make sense to purchase a bumper-to-bumper maintenance package if you'll be leasing a new A3 during the period of its Audi factory warranty. You can purchase LOTS of oil changes and windshield wiper blades for $600.00 around here. In my estimation, leasing is frequently designed by dealerships to lure people who can't afford the car they seek to drive. Rather than putting money down and all that stuff, perhaps seek to invest that initial $2500.00 towards the purchase of a more affordable car? That way you can someday sell it as an asset and put the money towards owning an Audi of your choice. There is nothing nicer than driving around a car that you own free and clear of any banks!

Old 05-07-2007, 01:27 PM
1st Gear

Or you can try a site like leasetrader.com and take over someones lease... then buy the car at the residual price. There are some good deals to be had there. Leasing a car for a year doesnt make sense unless you are rich and have money to throw down the drain.
[align=right] [/align]

Old 05-07-2007, 11:43 PM
2nd Gear

Keep in mind you can't put anything into the car (upgrades) since you are leasing.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

Keep in mind you can't put anything into the car (upgrades) since you are leasing.
Very excellent point, and if you hang around here with us too long, you're bound to get the infection.

Cheers!

Old 05-08-2007, 12:14 AM

Have you looked at the GTI?

Old 05-08-2007, 03:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Jays

Joy_Joy_Joy, it probably wouldn't make sense to purchase a bumper-to-bumper maintenance package if you'll be leasing a new A3 during the period of its Audi factory warranty. You can purchase LOTS of oil changes and windshield wiper blades for $600.00 around here
this was actually helpfull

ORIGINAL: Blue Jays
In my estimation, leasing is frequently designed by dealerships to lure people who can't afford the car they seek to drive. Rather than putting money down and all that stuff, perhaps seek to invest that initial $2500.00 towards the purchase of a more affordable car? That way you can someday sell it as an asset and put the money towards owning an Audi of your choice. There is nothing nicer than driving around a car that you own free and clear of any banks!
this is completely wrong however....leasing might not be for you but most certainly makes more sense than buying(typically) unless you are like Chef who drives a whole lot. leases are not a "scheme" as you suggest, in fact its the complete opposite. if you only plan on keeping the car for a few years then leasing makes more sense than buying especially since a vehicle is an expense not an ivestment. 99.999999999% of vehicles today lose money the second it leaves the lot and it will continue to drop in value every single day. so, financially speaking leases make total sense. you only pay for the amount of vehicle you are going to use. now being that its an audi it will have a relatively good residual value, which in turn makes it a good car to lease.

i lease my vehicles because it saves me money not because i cant afford to buy it out right, why pay ....lets say 600/mo. for fives years when i can lease for say 400/mo (just example #'s) for 3yrs. if i want to extreme the example, i could keep that 200 bucks that im saving versus buying and put it towards my house payment, my sons college fund, my 401k, my I.R.A., my pocket, my hobbies.....you get the idea.(is that food for thought)
when people say that the only reason people lease is because they cant afford to buy....is just plain silly, infact its just foolish. leasing isnt obviously for everyone but neither is financing.

i do however agree with you on your last sentence, there is a great satisfaction in owning a vehicle free and clear unfortunately around 80% of all newly purchased(financed)vehicles will never see that, infact the average usage of a new vehicle is just under 4 yrs.

one more thing, you can do whatever you want to a leased car. if you want to put aftermarket bits on so be it, it works just like it would if you had bought the car outright. mods typically dont add value so in that case the dealer would hit you up for it when you turned the leased car in, wheels and tires and other minor things usually dont hurt the resale of the vehicle..... but you could take the mods off and sale them to someone else and recoup some of you that money.

im sorry my first post was a rant but uniformed people shouldnt make uninformed opnions.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:11 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: awdspider

one more thing, you can do whatever you want to a leased car. if you want to put aftermarket bits on so be it, it works just like it would if you had bought the car outright. mods typically dont add value so in that case the dealer would hit you up for it when you turned the leased car in, wheels and tires and other minor things usually dont hurt the resale of the vehicle..... but you could take the mods off and sale them to someone else and recoup some of you that money.

im sorry my first post was a rant but uniformed people shouldnt make uninformed opnions.

Considering most performance upgrades void a warranty I'm almost positive you can'tmod a leased car too much. Wheels sure, tires duh, gauges no problem, build the tranny... not a chance. In a lot of cases a chip will void the warranty, unless its a flash because they can't tell the difference. They want the car coming back with normal wear and tear to sell as a used car to a new owner. Chipping and messing with stock components breaks the engine down and causes more wear. Why should the next buyer get the shaft of paying for all the maintenance your mods made?

Also most people on the board would not be considered "uninformed," maybe you should've made your first post in the welcome board... [sm=sigh.gif]

Quick Reply: I want to lease a A3 , pls advise !!!!