Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Interior/exterior color combinations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:28 PM
1st Gear
Default Interior/exterior color combinations?

So far, my favorite exterior color is silver metallic (lava gray is great but maybe too dark for southern summers) but the leather interior only comes in black or gray for this color. The black reminds me too much of the cheapened monotone interior of my Subaru by what I've seen. It could be very nice, but I think the other colors bring out the fit and finish quality more. I'm unsure about the silver exterior/gray interior combination. Does anyone have photos to confirm or deny my uncertainty? The brochures don't really help, and the local dealer only has a few on the lot, mostly beige.

I really like the beige interior (which is all I've seen in person so far), but for that I'd have to go white or much darker. Maybe I should consider by which colors are easier to keep clean or which overall combination would be the least broiling in the summer?

Also, what is the difference b/t the leather and "premium" leather seats? Is it just where the cow came from?

The dealer will have more on the lot in the next 1-2 months, but for now these questions are killing me.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Interior/exterior color combinations?

It all comes down to personal opinion. I will not buy an A3 unless the interior is black. I think the light gray and the beige are not nearly as good looking and are going to show dirt much more. Again, my personal opinion.

My exterior color choices are white, lava grey or either of the two reds (brilliant and missano). I can get black in all of those. I park my car under cover, both winters and summers so it baking in the sun is not a real concern for me.

Again, it's all up to personal preference.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

Ah, Colors.... what a great topic...
It is really so hard to tell unless you see them in person. You can find pictures on the web if you are good at search engines. Try Google images, and try going to ebay motors. On ebay motors you are bound to find at least 5 A3s for sale at any time of which they usually have detailed pictures of the inside as well.

I struggled with these too.

Exterior:
Lava Grey was my first choice, but for the wrong reasons. I thought that was the color of the car in the brochure. It's not. You can't get the color in the brochure in the USA. I think silver looks real good with the blacked out Open Sky. I'm tired of black cars as my last two were those. Red was nice, but too common I thought. White looks sporty, but I'd like to see it in person. We finally settled on Ocean Blue as it makes me and my wife happy. It's bright and doesn't blend in with the pavement. It's not as common. I would really like to see Liquid Blue as I expect it to be somewhat silver, with a tint of color to it.

Interior:
You either get Leather or Cloth with an A3. You have to specify "Premium" or "Sport" packages to get leather. With Sport you get tighter buckets to hold you in place better. I hear these are not quite as comfortable on long trips. With Premium you get a little bit flatter and cushy seat. The quality of the leather is superb in either I think. I'm not a big Biege fan. I think the black in the A3 is actually a nice dark grey color that looks luxurious. Matter of taste I suppose. It's not totally black like my Honda black. However, the light grey is nice too and I've decided to go with a lighter color for heat reasons especially since we got the Open Sky system. I've always had dark interiors in my car and again went for a change and getting light grey. Hope we are happy with it.

Odd colors:
I'd like to see a Liquid Blue exterior with a Black interior. I bet that looks real sharp.
Anybody have pictures of a Liquid Blue?
Anybody have pictures of an 07 with Sprint Blue?
Anybody have pictures of an 07 with Misano Red?

Old 10-05-2006, 01:53 AM

I think Lava Grey with Gray Leather interior.....yep.....that's the ticket!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

lava grey and black all the way....my first choice, wasn't available in 06, made available in 07, and i'll never regret it...even in socal summers.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:53 PM
1st Gear

i test drove an 07 sprint blue / black leather DSG before buying...awesome color combo.(i am a sucker for black leather) Almost wanted the blue, but that bright color would attract too much 'unwanted' attention...

Old 01-28-2007, 06:45 PM

I live in the states, but just checked out the Audi UK websiteand noticed thatthey get to choose black/beige/grey or DARK BLUE!!! as their interior leather color. Does anyone know if new leather colors are coming in 08? or if we can choose this option if we opt for the European delivery program?

Old 01-29-2007, 01:58 AM
1st Gear

Here's my Silver/Grey S-Line / DSG / open sky / tech

'07 A3 Turbo DSG
Gravity Challenged A3
showing more of the Sport details
Super Friendly Nice Open Sun
Lotsa TeeTee in here

Old 01-29-2007, 04:59 AM
1st Gear

Look at that its My Car. Its a great color combo. The one thing i did though was get black floor mats. Looks good and doesn't look dirty.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:03 PM
1st Gear

dude, before i bought this car i looked at every color the dealer had to offer. the nicest one withoout a doubt was the white on black. it makes the black sunroof stand out so much more, it makes tinted windows look hella dark, and if u smoke out tail lights and side markers and blinkers your carr wil look so evil you wont belive it.

of course, its all about preference so ultimately its what you think. enjoy your new car!

Quick Reply: Interior/exterior color combinations?