Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Its offical... I'm a traitor

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:36 AM
2nd Gear
Default Its offical... I'm a traitor

Initial impressions and full explanation to follow soon. I haven't had my fix for a whole week so I need to drive.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:49 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Its offical... I'm a traitor

WHAT???? that isnt a replacement for the A3 is it?

Old 04-15-2007, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ADubyaD

WHAT???? that isnt a replacement for the A3 is it?
Yeah thats what A3Night wanted. Guess we will hear him coming down the road with his motor screaming RPM above 6000. One thing I don't want to hear from A3Night is him complaining about lousy gas milage. The S2000 is rated 20 city/ 26 highway compared to say a A3 3.2 V6 Quattro that is rated 21 city/29 highway. Both are about the same price. Where's that A3 Cabro when you need it! [sm=type.gif]

Old 04-15-2007, 04:16 AM
1st Gear

Nice ride Richard, hope you enjoy it!

Old 04-15-2007, 04:59 AM
2nd Gear

As you can see by the pictures, I picked up an S2000 today. I found a 2005 suzuka blue s2000 with 6000 miles and negotiated a price of $23,866 and pulled the trigger on it. I must also add that a3_yuppie assisted in this traitorism by supplying the much needed ride to the dealership 50 miles away.

On another note, Iactually almost picked up a GTI this past Friday. Funny thing is that I really liked the interior of the GTI with leather. The leather, bolsters/seats, and the adjustable **** for the sun roof should've been in the A3. However, I didn't like the high school boy-racerexterior look.Anyways, fortunately enough, there was no MT6 Package 2 GTI's to be found so I couldn't test drive or buy. A definite sign...

So that leads me to today... In the dealer by 9:30am and out by 1:30pm followed by a few hours of schooling much appreciated by the s2000. So here’s what I learned today. I don’t know how to drive!!! The capabilities of the car are really scary. Corners that I once took with the A3 to the verge of losing grip due to under steer are now easily accomplished with no tire squeal thanks to the aggressive suspension and near 50/50 weight distribution. Also, in the apex of a hard corner, 50/50 makes a big difference… beyond night and day… more like pre-Big Bang, and then Big Bang. Damn!

Also, I haven’t driven a manual for a long time but I noticed several things right away. Pedal placement is spot on. Heel toe is actually easy to do in this car. The brake pedal is firm and the throttle responds instantly. All I need to figure out is the capabilities of the car and how to modulate power while in a turn. I tried doing a few today but I keep recalling my wreck before I enter the corner and chickened out.

I must add that I will truly miss the A3. After a 1-week hiatus, a ride in a3_yuppie’s A3 reminded me of many things. The smell of audi leather, the powerful 2.0T, the wonderful DSG tranny, and the quality/european touch of refinement. More so than this, I will miss you all as well. The quality and personalities of the members here are real genuine. The passion and enthusiasm we all share for our cars and for the fellow man and the occasional woman (which we have yet to meet) is truly special. I do know for a fact that I probably wont be heading to any s2000 gtg’s nor frequent the their forums as much as I did here. Nevertheless, know that this is not goodbye… certain top secret plans are underway to get the wifey something with 4-rings…[:-]

Btw, if anyone wants my old mods I'm selling them. So far I have ECS boost guage, Neuspeed rear sway with reinforced neuspeed brackets, Evoms intake with aluminum and plastic heat shield (note that plastic heat sheild has a cutout to clear boost guage T-fitting, and blackout grill. I prefer local pickup and I'll even install them for you free of charge. I dont have prices ready but you can always shoot me a reasonable offer.Moreover, these were all taken off before the accident so dont worry about damages. I took them off for two reasons I needed to visit the service department for some strange engine noise I was experincing that I couldn't fix and, I wanted to get an appriasala possible trade-in on anew ______.

gee thats a long post

Old 04-15-2007, 05:37 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Yep, the S2000 is nice! Very clean Suzuka blue.

I should note that A3Night also needs to thank my wife for smoothing things re: his wife vs. S2000... He is whipped. (Heh heh.)

Chance for Stryker to chime in with a lecture on the priorities of life.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:35 AM
1st Gear

im actually interested on the neuspeed rear swaybar.
havent done any research on that tho.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:22 AM
L7
1st Gear

Nice car.
A3Night or should we now refer to you as S2000Night? I've had an opportunity to enjoy driving one of these cars. But, if it's a choice between the wife or a big cooler - which one stays home?

Old 04-15-2007, 02:51 PM
2nd Gear

PM sent about RSB.

S2000Night? Prob not, car is not dark enough

I dont get your second question though? Wife of big cooler? But if your saying which one I'd choose... wife. After that, I'll convince her to let the newmistress come home too. She's small, sexy, tight, and easy to take the top off... As you all know 2 wives are better than 1.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:32 PM
1st Gear

Hi A3Night-

You're dead to us, dead! Seriously though, you selected a great car that will provide lots of enjoyment...the fact you're in sunny California makes it especially easy to love a S2000. Enjoy!

~ Blue Jays ~

Quick Reply: Its offical... I'm a traitor