Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Joining the A3 Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Default Joining the A3 Club

Ordered a 2008 A3 2.0T DSG on Monday. It will be delivered in August.

Ice Silver w\black leather
Premium
Nav with 6-CD changer
Sound Package
Open Sky
Bi-Xenon
Convenience
Bluetooth

This car will replace an ML 320 as a commuter car. I was worried about coming to this car from an SUV but fell in love with it after the test drive. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from you owners.

By the way, is there anyone that can recommend a good shop in Central New Jersey where I can get ceramic tints?

Old 06-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Default RE: Joining the A3 Club

Welcome, Enjoy[8D]

Old 06-13-2007, 09:02 AM

I'm sure you will enjoy your A3. It's a great driver's car, even for commuting! Google huper optik they have a form to submit and will email you nearby dealers.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:03 AM
1st Gear

Sweet car! Although as a commuter car in NJ I would personally have recommended other options such as mines, auto guided missiles, machine guns, reinforced steel, bulletproof glass, front and back steel bumper with pikes on them (although this is probably illegal except for Texas), etc.

Anyway, congrats on the car, now for the wait…

Old 06-13-2007, 10:30 AM

Congrats on the new car!

You're a better man than me. That wait would drive me to drink, sprout grey hairs, cuss a lot, and generally be an overbearing jerk to deal with on a regular basis. Wait......uh oh.....[sm=smiley5.gif]......DAMN!!!

Cheers!

Old 06-13-2007, 10:57 AM
2nd Gear

congrats I just hope the wait doesnt kill you!!!![:@]

Old 06-13-2007, 12:48 PM
2nd Gear

Ditto on the wait... I consider myself to be a patient guy, but I had trouble sleeping for a week before I picked up my A3! Two months would kill me! BTW, I also came from an SUV and I haven't looked back yet.

That Ice Silver on the '08s is different than the current silver, right? Please post some pics when you get it. Did you get the titanium package? That would look hot on a silver A3!

Old 06-13-2007, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef
You're a better man than me. That wait would drive me to drink, sprout grey hairs, cuss a lot, and generally be an overbearing jerk to deal with on a regular basis. Wait......uh oh.....[sm=smiley5.gif]......DAMN!!!
I know I should remain quiet and this is not the thread for it but this was too funny.I am glad you are accepting that fact Chef, Acceptance is the first step to Redemption... lol

Old 06-13-2007, 01:28 PM

Thanks everyone!

ORIGINAL: olivier

Sweet car! Although as a commuter car in NJ I would personally have recommended other options such as mines, auto guided missiles, machine guns, reinforced steel, bulletproof glass, front and back steel bumper with pikes on them (although this is probably illegal except for Texas), etc.

Anyway, congrats on the car, now for the wait…
LOL! Yes, all of these items would be extremely helpful during my commute. [8D]

ORIGINAL: BAMF

Ditto on the wait... I consider myself to be a patient guy, but I had trouble sleeping for a week before I picked up my A3! Two months would kill me! BTW, I also came from an SUV and I haven't looked back yet.

That Ice Silver on the '08s is different than the current silver, right? Please post some pics when you get it. Did you get the titanium package? That would look hot on a silver A3!
Yep, August seems like forever. The wait is going to be difficult...especially since I feel like I've already been to EVERY site with info and pics of the A3. I did eyeball the titanium package for bit, but there were too many other things that I didn't want to sacrifice. It's annoying how they've changed the options for 08. You would think they'd want you to spend all of your money and load up on the options but, it seems like you just can't combine certain things with others. [:'(]

The Ice Silver is slightly darker than the Light Silver.

Question for all:

The first thing I'd like to do after tinting my windows is have a DICE ipod kit installed. Does this mean I will lose the 6-CD changer? I thought I read somewhere that they use the same connection.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:32 PM
2nd Gear

According to Dice's install guide (PDF link: http://www.diceelectronics.com/suppo...di_install.pdf) their interface uses the SAT radio connector and you can get a special harness to retain the satellite tuner. However, it also says that their interface is not compatible with nav units.

Quick Reply: Joining the A3 Club