Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Just bought a A3 1.9TDi, AND WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 09:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Just bought a A3 1.9TDi, AND WTF!

Hi guys, I just bought a Audi A3 TDi (man it feels gud to say that as my first car) and went to pick it up from just past manchester today. As I was proper excited to drive it I got knocked back to the passenger seat GRRR whilst my dad drove all the way back. It didn't have petrol in it and a flat tyre, but i went to see it on friday and when we put the deposit down it wasn't with a flat tyre, god knows what then really... but we put in some air into the tyres before we set off... basically we put in 30 psi i think it is measured in in each tyre except one which the air pump stopped running at 28 for the left rear. anyway from the passenger seat it felt like it was handling good but very rock solid on the road... anyway before we even got onto the motor way it started over heating man... wtf we had to pull over and luckily my cousin was in another car who took us up there had to turn around and get some more freaking water for the engine coolant (volic water man, its the *censored* alright) so ya i think we just dumped like the whole bottle of water in there as we cudnt find the minimum and maximum marker on the water coolant bottle, anyway, got onto the motor way and drove for about 20 mins until the bloody thinking started over heating again, we waited for about 3 mins and the coolant went back to normal... anyway i checked in the book that if u put too much in it will start boiling and come out of the excess part of the bottle... so off we set again and it started we pulled over at the service station and just stayed under 60mph... i think after this i found out about the release of the excess liquid in the coolant... at this point im thinking fk man ive been sold a joke of a car... anyway get this coming back home off the slip road around a roundabout we oversteered around back the other way all im thinking is *censored* i home we don't go thru that barrier cos we'll be dropped into the motorway then... anyway then im screwin at my old man for not letting me check the book for the reccomended tyre pressures as i think thast he cause for oversteering... but anyway luckily my dad is a very gud driver and turned into the steer and control ed it... im just thinking to myself it cant just be the tyre pressures that would cause that wud it?... anyway after tip toeing all the way back its outside... i feel kinda worried i hope that *censored* wont happen to me when im driving the car now but realistically it will so ive gotta get it serviced n everything now... ive looked at the net and found out it could be a series of these problems or they just gotta get checked

-cooling fans
-thermostat
-radiator (get a clean test)
-cool system pressure tested (soft hoses) (external leaks)
-secondary water pump (if i have one)
-blown head gasket
-broken bits of impreller (no idea wat the impeller is)
-hot air kinda lacks abit so get that checked too

these are all the issues i think are for the coolant system

now i need to work out wat could be the issue for the car oversteering...

-get the tyre pressures applied properly (currently 30 30, should be 28 30)
-tracking (where can i find more information on this)
-wheel balancing (no idea how this is worked out, prolley about the contact of the wheel to the ground and making it even)

need to research some more

Old 09-02-2008, 02:07 PM
1st Gear

Taken the car into a garage now and they said that the head gasket is broken, the gearbox is leaking, the steering arms both are worn, the rack needs replacing. I'm tottally fked off now, we have to pay half of the tow for 130 miles for it to go back to the guy to replace it, and i know for a fact he aint gonna spend up to a grand getting everything replaced brand new, obviously hes going to cut corners here and there and the guy prolley take god knows how long to fix it. I so f'd off I wanna kick the living day lights out of him. I want to get a refund on it but he aint gonna give me the money unless theres something wrong with the car that he can't fix. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: man i loved audi a3's for god knows how long and this one is really putting me down man. I wanna get on the f'en road but this is gonna take weeks man.