Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Just got it! - Question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
1st Gear
Default Just got it! - Question...

I picked up my 08 Ibis White 2.0T S-Line New Years eve. Very different drive than my 06 A4 Avant. Anyway, I have noticed something kind of strange and was wondering if I am seeing something normal or common among the group.

The passenger windshield wiper seems to stick up on the windshield a couple inches sometimes. It doesn't seem to go all the way down. Sometimes it does. I have had cars in the past that had a "winter" setting for the wipers that would do that so packed snow under the wiper wouldn't damage the mechanism. I assume this is not the case as it doesn't happen regularly. I live in Milwaukee and we have had a fair amount of snow lately...so....

Anyway, I have been lurking these forums for months waiting for my car to arrive...only took 5 1/2 months to show up.

Thanks all.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:24 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Just got it! - Question...

Congrats on the new car!

What I do notice on my wipers is that after a full wipe it returns to its normal resting position. And then almost immediately it moves up an inch or two from the normal resting position as if its on standby or something. It seems to do this after every wipe. I'm not sure why it does this or if this is even what you are talking about, just something I noticed. Sorry if this was no help hahah...

Welcome to the club though. After all, you only waited half a year...[&:]

Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
1st Gear

The windshield wiper thing is normal...I does that to prevent uneven wear on one side of the blade.

Welcome to the A3 family

Old 01-04-2008, 11:58 AM
1st Gear

The windshield wiper thing is normal...I does that to prevent uneven wear on one side of the blade.
Those German engineers think of everything don't they

Old 01-04-2008, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: IzzyA3

Those German engineers think of everything don't they
Except for our American consumerist need for functional cupholders!

Old 01-04-2008, 01:23 PM
1st Gear

I think the A3's cupholders are a lot better than being in front near the radio unit with the pop-out cupholder. The main ones being on the center console.

I test-drove a 3.2 A3 that had the pop-out cupholder to the right of the glove compartment on the passenger's side as well. I thought that was a better position to have it and wished I had it on mine.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
1st Gear

The center console cupholder works just fine... if only one person up front has a drink.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:49 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AManCalledE

The center console cupholder works just fine... if only one person up front has a drink.
I like it that way that means the significant other wont need to stop for potty breaks. I swear she has the smallest bladder just when I am 2.5 hours in and really getting excited about the long drive..."can you find a place to stop"

Anyway congrats on your new Car!

Old 01-04-2008, 03:21 PM
1st Gear

^+1 I'm in the same boat. Have you also noticed that European cars have "normal" sized cup holders and American cars have "super sized" cup holders to for Americans and our Super Big Gulps?

Old 01-04-2008, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

Yea its always a pain for me going to starbucks and getting the cold drinks because they do not both fit in the front I always have to put one in the back

Quick Reply: Just got it! - Question...