Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

K04 for A3's

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:10 PM
2nd Gear
Default K04 for A3's

APR Proudly announces release of the newly developed transverse K04 FSI turbocharger upgrade!!!
In stock and ready to ship, we are offering an introductory price of $4249 for a limited time only, after that, the pricing will be set at $4999.

In typical APR fashion, our first turbo kit for the new 2.0T FSI engine provides a perfect balance of refinement and power. Making 300hp and 323 lb/ft, APR’s K04 turbo upgrade for the transverse application will enhance your driving experience without compromise. With smooth acceleration and flawless drivability, the APR K04 turbo upgrade will exceed all the demands of a daily driver while providing instant acceleration and an appreciably broader power band throughout the entire rpm range.

From the efficient and reliable KKK turbocharger and manifold assembly to the expertly re-calibrated engine management, APR’s K04 Turbo Upgrade offers performance and drivability that are perfect for the daily commute and week-end track event. Included as well, all the necessary hardware is OEM and helps maintain the stealthy fit and finish.

By incorporating OEM supplied components, we are able to ensure installation and service for your new transverse application will be as smooth as possible. Providing a direct replacement fit, the APR modified turbocharger and manifold assembly will mount in the exact location as your existing turbocharger and manifold assembly. This allows the use of all other OEM mounting locations for the such items as the exhaust and compressor inlet hose, making for a completely stealth installation. For best results, APR highly recommends using this kit with our APR MK5/A3 Carbonio Intake and APR Full Exhaust system.

For more information please contact our distributor network http://www.goapr.com/VW/dealer/locator.php or give us a call.

Keith/APR
800-680-7921
http://www.goapr.com

Who's going to be the first?

Note me as I'm getting lasik

Old 10-19-2006, 11:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: K04 for A3's

maybe in a year or two...or three. I wonder how much stress this will put on the internals and if they can handle it long term...

Old 10-20-2006, 12:44 AM

Well they didn't ask me to prototype the turbo, so free is out. At $4500, I think my current set-up is just fine. That figure exceeds the acceptable number of "dog house" days that I accept in my life. LOL

I'd be happy to oogle over someone else's superfast A3 though. Any SoCal takers??? Nam, maybe a 3rd job???

Cheers!

Old 10-20-2006, 01:34 AM
2nd Gear

Let me tell you guys something!
Aaaaah..... temptation the best way to rid yourself of temptation is to give into temptation !!

The money is not an issue for me its more how the car will handle or not handle if you know what i mean.
Esp will it be enough? Big brakes and parachute ... maybe. Larger life insurance !

Still very tempting

Old 10-20-2006, 05:47 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: Chef

I'd be happy to oogle over someone else's superfast A3 though. Any SoCal takers??? Nam, maybe a 3rd job???

Cheers!
no need to third job, if i did my calculations right, just give me til September of 2007...... then i'll save up enough $$$ for the turbo...... unless i go for wheels and tires, then maybe X-mas of 2007.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:54 AM
2nd Gear

So are you for sure getting the turbo Nam or is it a wishful thinking kind of thing ?
How will this big mod affect our warranty, anybody know or has asked?

Old 10-20-2006, 01:18 PM
SoCal Crew Member

A turbo upgrade will definitely void the warranty! Stage I is fast enough for me.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: a3_yuppie

A turbo upgrade will definitely void the warranty! Stage I is fast enough for me.
Oh Yeah!!! No more warranty left.

Personally, I like the Stage II with the intake and exhaust, but after 50k miles, who knows? That's when all of the fun mods started on my last car.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:05 AM

Out of curiosity, what kind of HP/TQ numbers should you be getting with a CAI and full Exhaust rolled into a chip?

Is that 300hp number stand-alone from any other CAI or exhaust mods?

$4500 seems pretty high for peformance gains that are less than awe-striking. Anyone else just gonna stick with the standard ups?

Old 10-25-2006, 01:56 AM

ORIGINAL: illwork4sumbread

Out of curiosity, what kind of HP/TQ numbers should you be getting with a CAI and full Exhaust rolled into a chip?

Is that 300hp number stand-alone from any other CAI or exhaust mods?

$4500 seems pretty high for peformance gains that are less than awe-striking. Anyone else just gonna stick with the standard ups?
Good question. I'm not willing to part with that kind of money, so I'll just be very close to those figures with current mods. Wonder if those figures are to the crank? Not far away at all currently.