Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

lava grey or dakar beige?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 03:17 PM
1st Gear
Default lava grey or dakar beige?

trying to decide between lava grey and dakar beige. I like the lava grey but the pearl effect has too much metal-flake sparkle for my taste, but maybe the dakar beige is too conservative? any opinions out there?

Old 09-13-2006, 03:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: lava grey or dakar beige?

well i'm definately biased, but lava grey all the way! To me the dakar beige doesnt look sporty...looks more like a grocery getter, but of course everyone has their own opinion, and on the beige side, it should be easier to keep looking clean even when its not. lava grey shows everything, almost as bad as black. I also like how the open sky blends into the lava grey a lot better, i'm not a fan of the two tone look it has on other colors, but some really like it, and i think it does kinda look good on a white car.

Old 09-13-2006, 03:36 PM
2nd Gear

I saw my first Dakar Beige A3 yesterday on 5 north around Jamboree. Its a sweet color thats really unique.

Paint is always tough to pick. Black is always a sweet shade. HOWEVER, it takes loads of effort just to keep it shiny (clay, wax, wash, at least every week) but when its shiny, its sooooo sweet.

Unfortuantly, I have no clue what type of person you are and what goes on in your brain. But I can tell you this, dark colors == work and light color == easy clean. If your the type of person who hates washing cars and would rather go through the gas station's sand blaster car wash, then I highly advise to go for a lighter color.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the ffedback A3night, falcompsx...my hope is that the dakar beige doesn't look like the garden variety beige I see on nearly every toyota camry...I hope it looks a little edgy on the A3. I haven't actually seen a dakar beige A3 (maybe there's a reason?). I really like the lava grey...very masculine and edgy, but like I said, to me the pearl effect is bit too sparkley. maybe if I was 30 something or even 40 something, but as a 50+ guy who is into hi tech, what I was really after was a more stealthy look...kind of a sleeper but with a bit of attitude. guess I wouldn't have made the post if I was 100% certain about color. washing the car is no issue for me...I enjoy washing my cars...it's quality time. I welcome any additional thoughts. thanks again.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear

For what it's worth, lava grey pearl. I've got a pic of mine some where on this site look for check out my a3.
That's just me, i love the darker color car vs the lighter. picture your car w/mods you might add, tint color wheel color, and style and make your decision. that's what i did . good luck no matter the color, the right choice has already been made AUDI A3.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:48 PM
1st Gear

I haven't actually seen a Beige either so i don't know how it compares to the run of the mill camry type color either...but to me that sparkle in the lava grey is what gives it the edge over black, that and its easier to take care of then plain black. Either way, i second what stryker said, at least you chose the right car already!

Old 09-14-2006, 02:33 AM

Hmmm...I'm thirty something. What color did I get?

I also have very good taste!

Cheers!

Old 09-18-2006, 09:57 PM

I'm a proud owner of a Dakar Beige 06 ...a snowboarding punk that just hit 30 and I think the color is Peump !!. Found one with 9,000 K, a Dakar Beige Premium w/Open Sky and Cold weather from a Soccor mom that traded up to an A4 cause she had twins. I was worried about the color until I saw it. Luckly it came with black leather interior so it didn't look too old. Beige on Beige is kinda olderish. Dakar Beige is much darker then the camery..its more like the color of the hummer (sahara? maybe). I'll post some pics tomorrow to help you decide.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:48 AM
1st Gear

Hey Mistah thanks for the post! I agree, black interior is the only way to go with this color. I am really looking forward to seeing pictures of your car!!! thanks again!