Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Lease A3 from different state?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 02:46 AM
1st Gear
Default Lease A3 from different state?

I'd like to lease a 2008 A3 but there are no special lease offers available here in Colorado, unlike California where there currently is a special lease offer. Anyone know if it would be possible to purchase the car on a lease in California and then drive it back to Colorado and license it here?
Any California Audi dealers hang out here that can help me?

Old 10-25-2007, 03:16 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Lease A3 from different state?

Sorry I can't help with that... but I do have a tip for you the dealership didn't tell me when I was going through the process.

Look into the AudiCare option (where all scheduled maintenance is included) although everyone on this forum will tell you its not worth it and they are right when buying the car... it was a good deal for me in my lease. Basically by building the services into your lease price you are increasing the residual value of the car as they factor it in that you have had the car serviced as you have paid for it... so the final value at lease end is greater that it would be had you not gotten the car serviced... Thus in the long run you save even though if you add up the cost of the services and the $600 Audicare costs it looks like its not a good deal.

Good luck!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:20 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Lease A3 from different state?

Yes you can. I do it all the time bro. It saves me 3k a year just by taging it in Colorado. The kicker is you have to get the car back within 15 or 30 days depends on Callies temp tag's. Other then that its 100% clean and clear if you need anything else PM me. Make sure you tell them not to put the taxes in on the lease if they do your in for a headache from hell. Be prepared to pay the taxs in when you tag it.