Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Low Pro Subs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Default Low Pro Subs?

Hey all-
My 18th is coming up and I have been debating between a few little things or one big thing to ask for. I have decided to not get the chip just yet (1200 miles) and wait until next summer. I am asking my parents for 1. Rubber mats 2. Tint Job 3. Low Pro subs

Are there any subs that are compatable with the A3 that wont take up the whole trunk? I don't want earth shattering bass or a super amazing amp, but the stock stereo's bass leaves something to be desired. If any of you can point me towards a good brand for subs under the seat, auxilary speakers, etc..., it would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Old 09-13-2006, 03:09 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Low Pro Subs?

Your going to kick yourself in the A$$ when you chip your car next summer and you'll regret not doing it sooner. Find a local dealer that has a free 4-hour trial. Both REVO and APR offer trials.

On a separate note, you will not get proper volume to drive any sub under the seat. The space in there is just too tight.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:17 PM

well I know that the power gains will be insane, but I really have to prioritize what is most important. Why would I spend $700+ when I am happy with the way it drives right now? I will wait to renew my love after I get accustomed to the peppiness of the stock engine. But I really would like some suggestions on what subs people are using, their cost, and size.

Thanks again,
Danny

Old 09-13-2006, 06:54 PM
1st Gear

ur best bet would prolly be to get bass tubes, they take up the least amt of space and still offer decent bass. oh and if i had the choice, i'd definitely get my windows tinted

Old 09-13-2006, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear

Hey bread: Get some of that green bread and get yourself some ti. tint reflective if it goes with the color of the car. Then get yourself the CHIP like my man night says it is awesome The hell with all that noise. Get what you want you got a great car any mod will improve it.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

my opinion, is tint first...depending where you live. I'm in so.cal and tint is a must here. Legal or not.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:14 AM
1st Gear

I got an 06 A3 and I put a system in first.. im just more into music(and i already got a speeding ticket ) I built a box myself and it takes up prolly about half my trunk if not more. I have a Rockford Fosgate P8002 amp and an Audiobahn Aw1206t sub. Amps 933 RMS and sub is 1100 RMS. I havent had time to take pics and my cams also broken but im gonna try to get pics of it up soon.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:32 AM

Thanks for the replies...

I was saying that I have about $750 in birthday credit money that my rents will swing for (Big 1-8). So I was going to ask for tint, subs, and rubber mats. Should add up to around 600-700? I know that the chip is going to be amazing, but I really love my car the way it is now. The only things I don't like are the mats, no bass, and the clear windows. I was told not to fix things that aren't broken. If any more of you have systems in your car, I'd love to get your input.

Thanks Again,
Danny

Old 09-14-2006, 01:43 AM
1st Gear

Yea just my system cost me $600..but im addicted to bass so i cant help it.. and im 17 with a 4pt speeding ticket in jersey(which has one of the highest if not the highest insurance rates in the US) so id rather not get the chip yet. Next for me is tints, and then rims or intake depending on if i have money or get a new car :P

Old 09-14-2006, 06:51 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Man............. kids these days, all they want is to blow their ears out!!!!!!!!!!! that ain't good....... when i was 17, i had a 91 toyota pick up, ran 700 watts under the seat and put a freaking 10" sub right behind the passenger seat........... now THAT'LL blow your brains out........ but neways......

for 700 bucks, i'd rather chip the car ($500) and tint the windows ($200), the subs can wait, but if you can't, you know there's a stock stuck in the trunk already right? is should be behind the left trunk wall, don't know what size that is, but i'm pretty sure you can replace that with a more powerful sub and STILL have trunk space, but if you wanna go customs, i advise you to take out the left and right inner panels of the trunk and put a sub on each side so you'll STILL have trunk space.

what would you rather do........... blow your ears out?............. or blow other cars away with your chip?

Quick Reply: Low Pro Subs?