Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Milltek Cat Back

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 01:36 AM
1st Gear
Default Milltek Cat Back

About to purchase a Catback for my 3.2 quattro -- I've seen a lot of great reviews of the Milltek... are there any other brands out there i should be aware of before i pull the trigger? Appreciate any feedback from owners with exhaust upgrades.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:37 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Milltek Cat Back

I shaggny,

I've been thinking about a catback upgrade too. Mine is a 2.0TDI, so different from the 3.2 obviously!

But the shop that I deal with, where the boss is the tuner for Citroen's racing team in Taiwan, and has tuned cars for 30 years, recommends Milltek or Sprint. I would certainly check out the Sprint setup up and see what information you can dig up. If you checkout youtube, you can often find videos where people record the sound of their cars to give you an idea.

What the guy here tells me is that Spring would give a great sound, but not louder inside than the OEM setup.

However, with Sprint and Milltek, you are looking at a very pretty penny to upgrade exhaust. These are not cheap, s shop carefully! Personally, I'm still looking to find someone in Taiwan who has installed either the Milltek or the Sprint on a A3 or Golf TDI. I'm just never available when one of them goes to the shop I go to to check out the sound! (especially INSIDE the car!)

Old 04-11-2008, 01:01 AM
1st Gear

Hey TPE A3 --- thanks for the info. I've heard the Milltek on YouTube, but not the Sprint. I'll check it out. They are expensive, but i don't like the 'rice burner' sound of cheaper exhausts. The 3.2 has a beautiful growl that i don't want to screw up.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

shaggny,

I'm totally with you on that! I want to keep my OEM sound, but just take some back pressure off my turbo since I chipped the car. Let me know what you decide and how you like it! When I heard the audio clips, the Sprint sounded a little 'sharper' than the Milltek. But I really want to know what it sounds like IN the car before I shell out the dough! One would think exhaust companies would invest a little more in some simple multimedia for their websites so we can know what we are getting into! Nothing would be worse than to spend the money and then find out the OEM set-up worked equally as well or better!