Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

my dsg has lost its mojo

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 12:27 PM
1st Gear
Default my dsg has lost its mojo

hello everyone.... im a NOOB around here, from south africa, yup we have audis in africa hehe a3 sportback 3.2 dsg black

well my poor audi a3 is broken!!!!!

i noticed a week back my gearbox becoming louder than the engine. almost a whiny type noise. well in a day or two it became a little more grindy,,, not good.
so off it went to the audi dealer. (there was also a recall for side airbags that i thought they could do at the same time, did you guys also get the recall?)

they took a little ride in the car and said... "new box on the way from germany, will take 2 weeks.... "

anyone know of other dsg's that have died? is this common? car has 30 000kms on it. not even a year old. still on original tires. so you can see i havent ridden it hard.

monkey

Old 11-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Default RE: my dsg has lost its mojo

heard of a couple up here when the weather get hots . . . but just a couple. gl[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 11-30-2006, 03:01 PM
1st Gear
Old 11-30-2006, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

strange... wonder if mine is a different european version?? and maybe its not an official recall? maybe just a "fix".
it was a letter i got in the post from audi south africa... still got it somewhere. stating that my vehicle was on the list of those that had a potential problem to the
curtain airbag... if i remember correctly somthing about a leaking gas something or other? when i took it in they said... oh you were one of the ones that got THE letter? oh yes they called it the
airbag campaign.

well honestly the airbag is the last of my worries. more worried about my dsg. im worried that im cruising thru some corners at like 160kays an hour and the gearbox locks up on me. i really thought they would not let me ride a broken gearbox. also what damage or stress is it putting on other components? wonder if i should take this up with audi south africa?

what you think?

Old 12-01-2006, 10:16 AM
L7
1st Gear

Folks. There is actually a "recall" - I was just in the dealership for my 5K service and they informed me that they need to update the airbag software. From what I gleamed - it was not critical nor detrimental to the functions of the airbags - but may just have a few 'bugs' related to the system check. Apparently - it's a "45 to 60 minute" job. I'm guessing this is what they mean by a silent recall.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

What years are your guy's A3's? that way we all will know if we need to take them in to get fixed.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:02 AM
L7
1st Gear

2006 A3 2.0T. I heard rumblings about some sort of a recall back in September, but had not been able to find out anything else and just wrote it off as a rumor. I had even called the 800 service number and they could not give me any information. The Service Manager at the dealership - was the one that had told me about it. They never said anything about leaking gas - it was just some issue with their 'software'.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:25 AM
1st Gear

Well looks like in the next month when I go in for my 5K service I will have them fix that too. Could explain the random MPG I have been getting. Thought it was just the break in period. I know its for the air bag but still maybe it hits the whole system.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:04 PM
3rd Gear

There was an airbag recall that only affected like 50 cars worldwide. I think it was for the a3. So most people wont hear about it.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:16 PM

My A3 just went through the 15k service and no software upgrades or recalls. But, I haven't had any driveability problems either.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: my dsg has lost its mojo