Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

My first speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:41 PM
1st Gear
Default My first speeding ticket

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I want to ask for some recommendation on what to do with the ticket and what I should expect.

Below is my original post in the off-topic forum. To summarize, I got a ticket for doing 74 on 45 (i know i know) on PCH in Malibu, officer said there won't be anything mailed to me and tells me I just follow the back of the yellow slip that i had to sign. I'm thinking I won't be able to go to traffic school so I'm pretty much screwed.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_537850/.../tm.htm#537850

Old 05-13-2007, 08:45 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: My first speeding ticket

Down here in miami we have this firm called the ticket clinic . You pay a hundred and change and they go to court for you and get you off no points.[X(]

Old 05-13-2007, 08:47 PM
2nd Gear

Forgot to ask did he get you with radar-laser or what? Do you own a radar detector?

Old 05-13-2007, 08:53 PM
1st Gear

Well on the ticket, it says laser so I assume he caught me on laser.

Damn, 7+ years driving without violation, I guess it was time I'm due for one.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:55 PM

What are you doing speeding in Malibu without a Ferrari??? Didn't you get the memo??? LOL

Actually, you need to wait and they will send you a letter with the opportunity to pay the amount or go to traffic school. If for some reason they don't send you the letter, then appear on the date shown and explain that you desire traffic school and you should get it without a problem. The LA traffic system is so f-cking screwed up!

Cheers!

Old 05-13-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear

Thanks, I guess I 'll wait for the mail. But at 29 mph over the speed limit. Is that pretty serious?

Old 05-13-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

I think 30+ is a felony but I could be mistaken... I got ticketed for doing 85 on the 241 toll road in Orange County about three years ago and I just paid the fine outright without going to traffic school. I dont think it affected my insurance at all. I also think speeding tickets go away after 3 years.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:29 PM
2nd Gear

It not that bad, at least you weren't doubling the speed limit or it would be a felony. One of my friends has had 2 felonies knocked down to mister miners because he was doubling. You'll probably be put on probation for the next year and a lot of the time the judge will give you "double or nothing," where if you get threw probation without a ticket, the first ticket will be taken off your record. If you get a ticket during the period then you get slapped with both the tickets. Hopefully your judge is as cool as our local one

Old 05-13-2007, 10:45 PM

I was ticketed for 90mph in a 65 a couple years ago and was able to take driver's ed. I hope the same applies for you.

Cheers!

Old 05-14-2007, 02:25 AM

its good your not in Virginia that would be reckles and felony + jail time
be happy to live 3000 miles away from here lol
good luck eith your ticket
by the way you should go to the court a tell them that you were in the hury to pick up your kids from the soccer game! (some jealous people call it soccer mom car}

Quick Reply: My first speeding ticket