Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

My order is in! 2008 S-Line...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:05 PM
1st Gear
Default My order is in! 2008 S-Line...

Just placed my order. This car replaces my 2007 Loaded Premium Ocean Blue baby that was stolen and totalled during the Fourth of July week....

2008 S-Line Sprint Blue
Auto DSG
Nav/Bose/CD Changer
Cold Weather
Conv+Bluetooth+BiXenons
Open Sky
Rear side shades
Roof rails

Taking EURO Delivery too! Trying to make the best of a bad situation, I certainly feel way better today than when I came home a month ago finding my garage empty with a message from the police on my answering machine. We are going over to Germany to get the factory tour and drive the car around Europe for two weeks before coming home.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: My order is in! 2008 S-Line...

Congrats. That is awesome![sm=icon_rock.gif]
Make sure to take LOTS of pictures while you are over there.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:20 PM
2nd Gear

Wow dude, I am jealous! I would love to have taken the European delivery! You will like it in Germany, I went there about 6 years ago and I can't wait to go back. If are a beer drinker there are tons of great beers that you can only get in the little towns where they are brewed. There are lots of great scenic drives too, especially up in the mountains. It's been so long that I can't really remember anywhere specific to tell you, but if you visit the castle at Neuschwanstein, there is a really fun drive up the mountain that I would love to tackle in my A3! Hope you have fun!

Be sure to post some pics of the car when you get back stateside. I would particularly like to see the rear side shades in action.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:43 PM
2nd Gear

omg i am reeeaaallly jealous of the trip (not the whole stolen car thing) you definatly deserve it for having to go through all that. have fun and like AMan said take tons of pics so us schlubs can get a taste!

Old 08-01-2007, 05:07 PM
1st Gear

Does Audi take care of all the shipping and duty arrangements? Do they arrange for the car to be containerized or whatever they do to get it over here? Curious minds want to know!

Old 08-01-2007, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

Good question Blue Jays. Here is how it is explained to me, and their website matches this;

http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/e..._delivery.html

You choose your car with options and make order at the dealer. Your price is already then preset with a 5% discount off of all cars, except A3s, to which you only get 3% off of MSRP. (So, this isn't the best way to get a DEAL on an A3, you probably all realize. But at this point we are looking to get a real positive experience after what we've been through.)

With your purchase you receive; [ul][*]A higher priority in manufacturing, so it will be ready when you get there.[*]First class transportation to and from the Munich Airport to Ingolstadt.[*]Nights stay in a four-star hotel next to Audi Factory.[*]Audi Factory Tour[*]Free Meals during your stay. (Very nice ones!)[*]15 days of license and insurance on your Audi to drive anywhere you desire in Europe.[*]20 drop off points to choose from at the end of your trip, car shipped to dealer in the USA.[/ul]Woooohoooo!

Old 08-01-2007, 06:47 PM

The poor person's tour of the A3 factory in Ingolstadt:

Audi A3 factory tour

Old 08-01-2007, 06:57 PM
1st Gear

That sounds amazing! Definitely a happy ending. Have fun and SECURE THAT GARAGE when you get back!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

How much for a translator for the poor man's tour? Ha ha...

That's great! Thanks for the post.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:23 PM
1st Gear

Sounds cool! I wished forever that audi would do this, glad they finally are.

BUT.... now that I could actually do it, I decided that I wouldn't be able to take the wait (while it crossed the atlantic) after I had been teased by a week of driving!
Plus I really didn't want to chance trashing my new ride driving in unfamiliar territory. Man would that suck!!!
I'll just wait for it to get here.

But take lots of pics... we want to see!

Quick Reply: My order is in! 2008 S-Line...