Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:36 AM
1st Gear
Default Need help please

I just installed the S3 bumper into my A3...But as some people know, the fog light housings didnt fit, so I have to buy the ones of the S-Line version...SoI went to the dealership and they told me that I the only way to get those parts was to buy the whole S-Line bumper (F*ck*ng j*rks) and well, thats not an option....Anyone knows where I cand find those?? I really dont know exactly what they are or look like, I only know they are the things that holds the fog lights in its place. When I bought the S3 at www.oempl.us there wasnt any information about thath issue, i just checked out recently and now there is, and they sell the fog light housing it requires, but im not sure if now they will sell me only the S-Line fog light housings...Any idea?? nobody is selling his in the forums??? thanks

Old 07-25-2007, 10:05 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Need help please

ORIGINAL: MexA3

I just installed the S3 bumper into my A3...But as some people know, the fog light housings didnt fit, so I have to buy the ones of the S-Line version...SoI went to the dealership and they told me that I the only way to get those parts was to buy the whole S-Line bumper (F*ck*ng j*rks) and well, thats not an option....Anyone knows where I cand find those?? I really dont know exactly what they are or look like, I only know they are the things that holds the fog lights in its place. When I bought the S3 at www.oempl.us there wasnt any information about thath issue, i just checked out recently and now there is, and they sell the fog light housing it requires, but im not sure if now they will sell me only the S-Line fog light housings...Any idea?? nobody is selling his in the forums??? thanks
If you bought from OEMpl, they should be contaced to sell you the fogs separatley. Hopefully they will oblige.I think some other people had the issue as well.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 PM
1st Gear

Here is what oempl.us says on their site
If you want to convert your A3 (8P) front end to the more aggressive S3 bumper and grill, this kit includes all the parts that you'll need.
Notes:
- Includes; front bumper, main grill, foglight grills, Audi rings and S3 badging
- For "8P" chassis only
- Bumper is primered and requires painting to match your vehicle
- Please Specify Chrome or Titanium (S-Line) grill below
- If your vehicle is NOT an S-Line, you will need to convert the fog lights to S-Line spec. Please select "S-Line = No" below. Note there is also a minor wiring connector change needed

Old 07-27-2007, 01:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: SinCity A3

Here is what oempl.us says on their site
If you want to convert your A3 (8P) front end to the more aggressive S3 bumper and grill, this kit includes all the parts that you'll need.
Notes:
- Includes; front bumper, main grill, foglight grills, Audi rings and S3 badging
- For "8P" chassis only
- Bumper is primered and requires painting to match your vehicle
- Please Specify Chrome or Titanium (S-Line) grill below
- If your vehicle is NOT an S-Line, you will need to convert the fog lights to S-Line spec. Please select "S-Line = No" below. Note there is also a minor wiring connector change needed

I already saw that...The issue is that when I bought the Bumper , that information wasnt there.

I spoke with the owner of the store and solved the problem, Im gonna pay for the housings and He is gonna ship them for free.

thanks fro the help

Old 07-27-2007, 01:39 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: MexA3

I spoke with the owner of the store and solved the problem, Im gonna pay for the housings and He is gonna ship them for free.
Cool!