Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Neuspeed P Flow Issues!!!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 10:41 AM
1st Gear
Default Neuspeed P Flow Issues!!!!!

I just installed the Neuspeed P flow and there is this annoying loud sound when you release the gas at low rpms and its like a grinding sound not a blow off like sound. Went to Eurocode and said its normal and its a defect with Neuspeed. Anyone else has the same issue?

Old 05-09-2008, 05:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Neuspeed P Flow Issues!!!!!

ORIGINAL: grrrrrrr

I just installed the Neuspeed P flow and there is this annoying loud sound when you release the gas at low rpms and its like a grinding sound not a blow off like sound. Went to Eurocode and said its normal and its a defect with Neuspeed. Anyone else has the same issue?
I got mine installed there too. Milan, their master tech found that that there were two nuts missing in the back of the heat shield that were causing the chatter noise. 2 mins later he fixed it. Talk to Jeremy, tell him Max referred you and that Milan fixed the problem the other tech missed.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:58 PM
1st Gear

Actually I had the intakes installed at Eurowurx. I went to Eurocode to have the ECU checked, Jeremy test drived it and said everything is normal and the "grinding" sound is a defect with neuspeed pflow. I will have Eurowurx check if its the heat shield or something else.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:07 PM
1st Gear

also I notice that you have the CA extension. sarkis mentioned with the extension the sound will go away.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
1st Gear

Went to Eurocode and said its normal and its a defect with Neuspeed.
WTF? So they told you that the grinding sound is a defect - and that's it? Were they more specific about what causes the "grinding"? I would be skeptical of anyone who offers that opinion w/ out any more info. I have had the P-flow on for about 6 months and that is not "normal." The P-flow is essentially a bolt-on tube w/ a couple of clamps. Being that there are no moving parts - there should NOT be any grinding. I'm guessing you double-checked your install and made sure everything was tight (especially the boot that connects the P-flow to the turbo) - but if not, that's where I'd look. Also, if the sound is consistent, try it while the car is parked. Have a buddy rev it up while you see if you can hear where it's coming from in the engine compartment.

Lastly, get in touch w/ Neuspeed. They know their product and it might be comforting to hear from them that this is not normal.

Good luck and please post your findings!

Old 05-10-2008, 02:26 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the reply. I will have it checked on monday will keep you guys updated

Old 05-12-2008, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

Make check to see if the 90-deg elbow of the intake near the top isn't tapping the reservoir below it. Hope it's nothing serious.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

I just got back from Eurowurx and they said that its normal, yes I can hear a blow off sound like. But the grinding sound is very annoying when releasing the gas at low rpm. Thinking of putting it back to stock. Anyone want to buy Neuspeed P flow?

Old 05-12-2008, 10:38 PM
1st Gear

This is exactly the same sound I get. Is this normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiSUP...eature=related

Old 05-13-2008, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

grrrrrr > Thx for posting the vid. Now I know what you're talking about. I do get this occasionally on very cold mornings. Your post prompted me to talk to Neuspeed about the issue. The sound you hear is coming from that small screw on the right side of the engine (facing engine bay) that holds the P-flow on. According to Neuspeed, that screw is vibrating. The catch is that you should not torque it too hard as that piece will expand and contract with engine temps. The bottom line is that it is a normal occurance, but should go away when the engine reaches normal operating temps. What I heard on your vid is not representative of how all P-flows sound (no one would want that sound everytime they let off the gas!).

My suggestion is to tighten that screw a bit more and see if your sound goes away. Whether you consider this a defect is of course your prerogative, but it has no impact on the functionality of the unit. I would try to address the screw before dumping the whole unit. Perhaps the rubber washer that is used on that screw is defective as that is what does the dampening.

Best of luck, I hope this helps!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Neuspeed P Flow Issues!!!!!