Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

New A3 and more

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:52 PM
1st Gear
Default New A3 and more

Hello. Just writing my first post. Got an A3 about two weeks ago and have only filled up once since I got the auto. Its been great so far! Lovin it. Went from a VW GTI and tell people its a different world.

I did have a question for the community. Anyone here have experience getting their A3 tinted. I did yesterday and the outcome wasnt what I was expecting. The tint shop is gonna redo the job but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any issues and what was their out come. Basically on my ride they didnt cover the side part and corner of the windows due to the door frame.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks fellas

Old 05-18-2007, 06:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New A3 and more

I got my A3 tinted a week ago and I had no problems whatsoever. It sounds like the person who tinted your car was inexperienced.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:19 PM
1st Gear

Congrats on the car - sorry to hear about the tint job... This just reaffirms the fact that it is not the job that is a problem, it is the person doing that makes the difference...
I am going to hav eot inquire who to trust for my car...

Old 05-18-2007, 07:24 PM

Yeah, I have mine tinted and they are perfect. You must have an idiot doing your work. I'd ask for somebody more experienced to work on your car for the fix.

Cheers!

Old 05-18-2007, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I got my windows done two days after getting my car and had no problems at all. In fact they were doing another A3 when i brought mine in. I would take it some where else if they don't do it better next time.

Congrats on the car!!

Old 05-18-2007, 11:11 PM
1st Gear

The A3 is pretty standard for tinting with the exception of the Open Sky. I had my Open Sky tinted on my 1st A3. Most people do suggest tinting the Open Sky due to the possibility of over heating anyways.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

Never had a car tinted before. Is it actually a thin plastic film that is bonded to the glass? Does it remain in place statically or does it require an adhesive at time of installation?

Old 05-19-2007, 09:24 PM
1st Gear

Thanks guys for the feedback. I will try and post some pics later and show the details of what I think a bad tint job is. I will be going to get the tint fixed Monday morning.

Hope to know more then...

Old 05-19-2007, 10:09 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Blue Jays, the film has some kind of chemical that reacts with water. so they pretty much cut the film to the correct size (usually larger than the window by an inch) spray it with water, stick it, and scrape the excess water out.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:03 AM

actually, i'm currently having a bad experience with my tinting.
the companywho did mine is(mike's tint shop, in Inland Empire)
the tint looks great from far away, but if you get close you will notice manylittle imperfections (bubbles)
so ya.... you're not the only one and ya.. they are gona re-do it free of charge (but i still have to drive there and wait)

guess we got the short end of the stick with the whole inexperienced tint people....