Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

New A3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 06:25 PM
1st Gear
Default New A3 owner

hello guys, I am new to this forum. I live in Hong Kong and I ordered a A3 2.0T Quttro sport pack. it will arrive next week. is changing the chip is the cheapest and easilest way to mod the car?

Old 04-28-2007, 06:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New A3 owner

when you say mod, what exactly are you looking for? A HP increase?

Old 04-28-2007, 07:09 PM

a chip (APR, Gaic, Revo in the US) is the easiest way to improve the hp and torque ratings of your car. the stock 200 hp engine will jump to 240ish Hp.
Many users here agree that the "chip" (it's acutally a reflash of your ECU) is the best bang for the buck. an exhaust is a nice addition but pricey. there are mixed emotions about CAI, some user swear by them, others dont. i think it depends a lot on the brand/type you install.

if you search the forum with the keywords ECU, APR, chip you should find plenty of discussion.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:21 PM

That sucks! Even in Hong Kong they get the 2.0T Sportback in Quattro. Screw US.

Oh, congrats on the new car, and definitely chip it!

Cheers!

Old 04-29-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: loewe

hello guys, I am new to this forum. I live in Hong Kong and I ordered a A3 2.0T Quttro sport pack. it will arrive next week. is changing the chip is the cheapest and easilest way to mod the car?
Congrats on the car. Very nice. Since I am limited to the mod I can do to my car, I am basically going to go with the chip upgrade. I could not see a bigger bang for the buck.

ORIGINAL: Chef

Cheers!
Knowing a little bit about import duties in Hong Kong, this is probably a very expensive car to get. When you look at Europe the base price for a 2.0T Quattro is already over 30K base price… Plus that is in Euros … which basically puts it in par with the 3.2 pricing in the US. This should tell you how much tax and BS we have in Europe when the car is cheaper here with import duties and freight…

Old 04-29-2007, 07:30 AM

good choice good luck
chip it and you will love it even more
yea chef they screuwed us here without Quatro[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
hey but the only reason why is who the hell would buy STI or EVO if you head choice for a nice fast ride for less money?!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:39 AM
1st Gear

thank you very much guys.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:45 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: olivier

ORIGINAL: loewe

Congrats on the car. Very nice. Since I am limited to the mod I can do to my car, I am basically going to go with the chip upgrade. I could not see a bigger bang for the buck.

Cheers!
Knowing a little bit about import duties in Hong Kong, this is probably a very expensive car to get. When you look at Europe the base price for a 2.0T Quattro is already over 30K base price… Plus that is in Euros … which basically puts it in par with the 3.2 pricing in the US. This should tell you how much tax and BS we have in Europe when the car is cheaper here with import duties and freight…
yep buying a car in Hong Kong is very expensive. the tax is double of the car price.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:56 PM

OUCH!

Old 04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
1st Gear

OUCH!
lol

Quick Reply: New A3 owner