Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

new to forum,best chip for a3 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:33 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: new to forum,best chip for a3 2.0

Matter of fact man, go get them to put the demo in your car. I'm not sure how long it lasts but they flash your car and it stays for a day or something but you get to feel what you'll be buying befor you actualy pay for it (great deal)

Old 05-25-2006, 01:28 AM

The REVO demo will last for 8 hours. The only potential drawback is that you end up with what REVO considers stock and not actual factory stock. I'm not sure there is much of a difference, but it's the point if you'll want it truly stock. The SPS devices aren't quite at the dealers yet but are much cooler than the previous versions. There are two with the first switching between stock, stage 1, and lock-out. The second does all of the first plus links with a program on your computer to allow you to adjust all of the settings to whatever you want and change the programing on your car. Cool options but the pricing isn't listed yet.

Cheers!

Old 05-25-2006, 07:32 AM
SoCal Crew Member

yeah, i got the sport suspension with Pirelli tires, it must be the chip. so does that mean you're getting more power from the Revo chip since the tires slips more than mine? as for upgrading, my APR chip guy at Performance EFI says that if APR comes out with an upgraded chip for the A3 that can boost more power, then it'll be free for me to upgrade it.

Old 05-25-2006, 03:17 PM

T2T and I talked about running a dyno on both our cars when I get my exhaust installed. He is running a full APR stage 2 chip with a CAT back APR exhaust. I'll have the Stage 2 REVO chip with a GReddy CAT back exhaust. It should be a good comparison of performance between tuning companies. You and I only have the chips now, so a comparison between us would be good too. We also have the same packages on the cars. Pretty much an apples to apples comparison.

Cheers!

Chef

Old 05-25-2006, 04:33 PM
SoCal Crew Member

did t2t say that he got roughly 8 horses more with the apr exhaust?

Old 05-25-2006, 07:13 PM

Yeah, that sounds about right. I personally don't think just a CAT Back exhaust will give much more horsepower with an already chipped ecu. Going to help with EGT's and some turbo life, but performance gains will be small. We've already gotten the biggest bang we can without upgrading the turbo.

Old 05-26-2006, 03:36 AM
T2T
1st Gear

Ya Chef is right. The biggest improvements in both hp and torque came with just chipping the A3. My improvements were marginal when I got the 3" exhaust and the APR Stage II. The exhaust did put me well over the 300 mark for torque though. And it sounds like a sports car now, similiar to a Z350 or a G35 with enlarged twim pipes.
Note to Chef - about the dyno. I just took my car to Eurocode Tuners in Torrance to get the latest APR Stage II, Version 2 ECU upgrade and the car is running a bit slower for some reason. I know that there is a learning period but it was noticibly slower off the line right out of the driveway and after 100 miles, it has gotten much better. I'll have to call the guys at APR and find out what's the hap with this latest rev. So I may need to wait to do that dyno check. By the way, your car looked so good at that last GTG that I'm going with the Neuspeed lowering springs on Tuesday to try for that lower, agressive look.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:10 AM
SoCal Crew Member

T2T,

how much torque are you pumping out of your A3?

Old 05-26-2006, 05:15 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Chef

you have latest pictures of your A3? did you put the S3 emblem on yet?

i'm getting my black side marker lights to replace the yellow and white blinker lights tomorrow, one problem though, how do i take the the stock lights off without scratching or denting up my car?

Old 05-31-2006, 12:37 PM
1st Gear

correct but the rear seats mite come out and the engine an upgrade

Quick Reply: new to forum,best chip for a3 2.0