Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

new owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 10:06 AM
1st Gear
Default new owner

wuts up everyone, just got a new 06 a3 (signature) and joined this forum for some insider info. being that this is my first german car, i wanted to know what some good links were to find aftermarket wheels (i guess i just need wheel/tire specs for 18s) and a simple add on lip kit for the a3... guess i want my mods to start there... regardless, glad to be a part of this forum!

Old 06-08-2006, 10:09 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: new owner

oh and another quick question, where is a good site to get accessories for this car ie. front bumper license plate hole filling piece, clear markers, etc..?

Old 06-08-2006, 03:59 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Welcome

congrats on your new A3, it's a 2.0T right? as for front bumper lic plates and side marker lights, i went to ECS tuning www.ecstuning.com, they also have bumper kits i think, but you can also go to www.collection.audiusa.com.

oh, i definately recommend you to chip your audi before you do anything to the exterior. roughly 240 horses, 280ish lbs of torque ($500) instead of the stock 200 hp, 207 lbs of torque. talk to the the other members of the A3 family in this forum and you'll learn so much more about your car.

again, welcome

Old 06-08-2006, 04:56 PM

Are you interested only in cosmetics? You already have a very beautiful car for the sounds of it. Bigger wheels and nice rims would look good and help if you do any engine mods. Definitely get a wider tire too. I recommend chipping the car as well. It might be your only performance mod, but it's a must on these cars. Can you say Whoooooooooosh!!! The extra speed will make all of your cosmetic mods look much much better!

Cheers!

Chef

Old 06-10-2006, 08:46 AM
1st Gear

Congrats and you will not be dissapointed. Have a look at the pic on Chefs signature...that is one cool looking car.

Old 06-14-2006, 08:19 PM
1st Gear

thanks guys, it is a 2.0T, so fun to drive... about that chip mod, where is it available and how much does it cost to get it installed? and for 18s on this car, what are the recommended tire/wheel specs for perfect fitment? thanks, u guys have been a great help!

Old 06-14-2006, 08:45 PM
2nd Gear

Visit

http://www.goapr.com
http://www.revotechnik.com

Most installers charge labor to install the chip. For one program your looking to pay around 500-600. I have the APR chip at the moment. Regarding tires... idunno

Old 06-14-2006, 10:38 PM

I see that you live in the LA area. PM me and I'll tell you where I got my chip installed and the price I paid. Gave my word that I wouldn't post it on the forums. I recommend going with either the GIAC X, APR, or REVO software. I think all three names are reputable and the programs for the 2.0T are very similiar. You will be absolutely amazed that your quick little car just transformed into a rocket! I hope you're making the GTG on June 25th at the Irvine Spectrum. There will be at least 2-3 A3's and we have either the APR or REVO chips installed. I'd give you a ride so you could feel the difference, and I'm sure that T2T or Audinam would most likely do the same. Doubt if anyone would let you drive their cars though. We are a picky bunch when it comes to that.

Do some good research on the wheels before you buy anything. Maybe ask T2T at the GTG because I know he's been searching for a while too.

Congrats again and I look forward to meeting you soon.

Chef

Old 06-15-2006, 04:34 AM
1st Gear

thanks chef, great info.. what is the g2g? if i have the time, i would definitely be down to go.. and yes, if possible, a ride in your "chipped" ride would inspire me to get one even more... i'll pm you for the prices n stuff

Old 06-15-2006, 06:25 AM
SoCal Crew Member

looney gtg=get-together,

it's on the 25th at spectrum, 1pm, check the link out

https://www.audiforums.com/m_290121/.../tm.htm#290121

hope to see you there, you'll be my tiwn A3 2.0, i got black on black, MT though. although your car won't have fine scratch marks like mine on my car.

Quick Reply: new owner