Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

New software level

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:20 AM
1st Gear
Default New software level

After a recent visit to the dealership, I was informed my software rev level is now 80. Is there anywhere where the fixes / upgrades contained in these revisions are listed? TIA

Old 02-01-2008, 01:57 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: New software level

software level of what? It its the ecm then they probably did an I3 vehicle update. The only thing it did was get rid of ghost codes that were showing up in the ecm. No performance change or anything.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:25 PM

Hesaputz on AW, mentioned there is now an I5 update. I have not heard much about what the I5 improves.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:24 PM
1st Gear

I was just experiencing a senior moment - really was referencing I3, not I5 (which is the coolant seal ring). The Audi tech did tell me that there are software upgrades later than I3 that pertain to all '06 - '07 cars, and that they routinely do them as the cars come in.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:19 AM
1st Gear

I just took my '06 in for 15K service at Penske/West Covina a couple of weeks ago. I specifically told the service guy ChrisNOT to do theI3 reflash on my chipped car. Since I got it back, however, I have a nagging suspicion that something has changed. The throttle response seems not as sharp and crisp as it was before the service. The car still seems quite fast, but having never driven an unchipped A3, I have no way to know what a stock engine feels like. Is there any way to tell if my ECM is operating at a chipped or at a stock level?

Chris at Penske also said that at some point I will need to have the reflash done because, with enough miles, chipped cars will get a CEL that will not extinguish. I sense BS in this answer...anyone chipped everhave this problem? If so, what chip is it?

Old 02-04-2008, 03:36 PM
2nd Gear

Do you have a boost gauge? The easiest way to tell if your chip got flashed over is the drop in boost.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:48 PM

^^^yep, your boost will only be around 10psi or so. That is the only "true" way, although the seat of the pants test also works. One time I had to reset my chip program because it defaulted to stock mode after the service. If you have a switch, then try to reset the program, or you can always unhook the battery cable to do a manual reset.

Cheers!

Old 02-04-2008, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

If you have a switch, then try to reset the program, or you can always unhook the battery cable to do a manual reset.

Will that work with a Neuspeed chip?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:58 PM

It's what I'd do...

Cheers!

Old 02-05-2008, 02:22 AM
1st Gear

Chef, if Iremovemy battery cables, are you saying that would resetengine back to Neuspeed chip settings, even if dealer reflashed me?? If they didn't reflash me, would removing my cables reset me from chipped to stock?? Please clarify.

Quick Reply: New software level