Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

oettinger body kit q

Old 09-06-2007, 02:42 AM
1st Gear
Default oettinger body kit q

The kit looks awsome but why aren't there any pics of peoples cars with them? I understand its like 3 grand but I'd think people would have them. I want the kit for my black a3 but I wanted to see a pic of it on a black a3 first. It is way pricey and thats what's holding me back

Old 09-06-2007, 03:50 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: oettinger body kit q

check out oettinger.com

There's pics of the kit on a car there, but, unfortunately, they're not black. At least you can get an idea of how it looks on a car.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:21 PM
1st Gear

The kit looks awsome but why aren't there any pics of peoples cars with them? I understand its like 3 grand but I'd think people would have them.
Fusionx > IMO body kits walk a fine line between looks and cheese. Oetty kit is definitely hot, as are others, but some kits really cheapen the look of the car. It has to be done right - fitment, lowering, wheels, etc. It's all personal preference I guess. For a great looking Oetty kit on a dark A3, check out Stryker's pic.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:37 PM
1st Gear

Yea i saw his pic but i dont see why he would put a pic of his car with that body kit from the side because it doesnt show the kit at all. I am leaning twoards the side of just getting the black trim around the grill and window tint because its a hell of a lot cheaper as much as the oettinger kit is awsome yet 3,000$ isnt worth it to me.

Anyone know a good place to get the black trim for the grill?

Old 09-07-2007, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: fusionx

Yea i saw his pic but i dont see why he would put a pic of his car with that body kit from the side because it doesnt show the kit at all. I am leaning twoards the side of just getting the black trim around the grill and window tint because its a hell of a lot cheaper as much as the oettinger kit is awsome yet 3,000$ isnt worth it to me.

Anyone know a good place to get the black trim for the grill?
AGREED! looked at some kits yesterday and almost fell out of my chair. Though they are some hot kits and im sure are high quality, its just not that much a priority. I'm thinking once I get mine, ill take tht $3k and dump it into ECU tune, CAI, exhuast, wheels/ tires [I really wish I could keep my new ones from my MB... shame they are too wide. i think]

Old 09-11-2007, 06:12 AM
1st Gear

I wanted the Oettykit, but didn't want to spring for the retail cost and install hassle, so I just bought a lo-mileageA3 that already had it on (plus other goodies). Hopefully, this will give you a better idea of front and back views of the kit.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

The hardest thing is to be on a small island with very little options for your new audi.
its like frigging HELL!!!!!

I would love to get an oettinger kit, but i have been unsuccessful so far in contacting oettinger or any affiliates.
Can someone direct me to who, where i can contact someone to get an oetty kit.

Much appreciated.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:23 PM
1st Gear

I saw a couple nice rims for the audi a3.
The one i purchased recently isalso black. Let me know if you got your kit and pics would be GREATLY appreciated.

qUES. Do i have to get new springs if i get 19" rims. Can the stock ones work?

Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 PM
1st Gear

I don't know where you're located, but if you're in Los Angeles, I know Eurocode in Torrance(ecodetuning.com) and Penske Audi in West Covina both carry the Oetty kit.

As far as the springs, you don't have to get new springs with new rims. However, nice big rims would look weird with the fender gap of the stock suspension. S-line suspension would look decent I suppose. I wouldn't want to spend all that money on nice rims if my a3 doesn't sit nicely on its new shoes.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:57 PM
1st Gear

Check out these pics https://www.audiforums.com/m_566077/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: oettinger body kit q