Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Oh no-Not another grossly satisfied ECU flash customer

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:35 AM
Default Oh no-Not another grossly satisfied ECU flash customer

Today after work I decided enough was enough. I was tired of reading about everyone's experiences with chipping their car; I was ready to make my own. I raced to the nearest Revo distributor immediatly after work and marked day 1 of my addiction. After an interminable 12 minutes of software loading, I settled up and proceeded home.

HOLY S H I T I felt like I just bought a new car. I actually feel like I can write a book on 2nd gear. Truly amazing. The car feels like it hits a wall at 2500 rpm and just throws you back in the seat. I was consciously straining my neck to not move backwards. I smile just thinking about my "lowly" two liter.

I wanted to take this oppurtunity to specifically thank a few of you, Chef, Stryker, A3Night to name a select few, for your advice and progress reports that helped me make my decision. I am ordering a CAI this week and a Neuspeed exhaust when tax returns come around.

Cheers to Revo!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 02:12 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Oh no-Not another grossly satisfied ECU flash customer

I'd like to say i told you so, but i wont we were just speaking from our own experiences.
Which happened to be about the same as yours, congrats.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:30 AM
2nd Gear

Hehe... congrats. No one should ever have doubts chipping the 2.0T. The rewards are just too great! Also, letme be the first to tell you that going stage II will be like re-living the day you got chipped... with more power.

Welcome to the club

Old 01-04-2007, 12:53 PM

Welcome my speeding friend!

A3Night is correct about the stage II difference. I just recently upgraded to a TB exhaust, CAI, and REVO stage II. OMG!!! Where the car used to lose it's breath coming onto 80mph and such in 4th, it now just keeps pulling hard. I also just put 105 octane to run the 93 program yesterday and nearly wet myself over how fast this car feels. Enjoy the chip now and look forward to that CAI and Neuspeed exhaust. This car won't disappoint.

Cheers!

Old 01-04-2007, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

with stage 1 or stage 2 apr.. did any of you notice a change of mpg?

obviously with a lead foot, you will lose some economy, but did you ever try to drive it conservatively with stage1/stage2 ?

can you go into "stealth" mode with the flash? or do you need the chip for that!

Thanks!

Old 01-04-2007, 05:24 PM
2nd Gear

Driving it normally you can still get 32+ on highway. Going 70mph I can hit 34mpg according to the trip computer so the fuel economy is the same if not a tad bit better/worse.

Stealth mode? If your referring to stock mode, then yes. If you buy two programs, ie 1 performance file & 1 stock file. You can use the cruise control to switch between the two. I would advise buying a 3rd program which is the lockout program. This will allow you to enter in a 4 digit pin in order to change programs to prevent the dealer from toying around with it,

Old 01-04-2007, 05:58 PM

A3Night has explained the APR modes, and REVO has the same, it's just controlled with a "SPS" device that sticks into the OBDII slot and changes the program. The basic version comes with Stock, 91 Octane, 93 Octane, and Anti-Theft modes. The "SPS3" version allows you to set your own specifications using a computer, but switches programs the same as the "SPS". A definite must have if you want to take your car to the dealer for service in "stock" mode.

Cheers!

Old 01-04-2007, 06:01 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the reply..

do we have any stage 1 horror stories yet? i read the stock 07 stuff is fine for stage 1.

what are some nice sites to buy a3 performance parts from? such as the mentioned cai, and tb exhuast?

Old 01-04-2007, 06:59 PM

I haven't read anywhere that a stage I chip has caused any problems with the motor, turbo, etc. It may put a little more wear on the DV which accelerate its failure and possibly the PCV too, but all the internals and the turbo should be just fine. Be aware though that any mods you do to your car MAY cause more engine stress, reducing the life of the engine and engine related parts. You have to be comfortable with that before you do any mods whatsoever.

You obviously haven't looked at the top or side of the screen to recognize over a dozen vendors trying to sell you performance parts. I also like ECS Tuning, which I don't see listed as a vendor on this page.

Cheers!

Old 01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
1st Gear

oooh there they are.. i think i have tuned out website banner ads! I really dont see them anymore!

anyways..thanks for the tip guys.

btw i just got a a3 2.0t ibis white! and reading here is what helped my decision

Quick Reply: Oh no-Not another grossly satisfied ECU flash customer