AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   Out of Gas! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/out-gas-42028/)

techbod 09-23-2006 06:28 AM

RE: Out of Gas!

why the question mark its a simple answer ( don't let the fuel drop to the point when the light comes on ) the fuel in America is cheap compared to Europe so you should never be in a low fuel situation;)

ORIGINAL: qst4

?

qst4 09-24-2006 04:33 AM

I'm sorry Dave, bad etiquette. The question mark is because I don't understand why anyone would let their gas get that low, especially in a new Audi. And like someone above said, that can have some serious effects on your engine and thats a big chance to take on such a huge investment. I don't know, I check all my fluids and tire pressure once a week without warnings and go out of my way not to take unnecessary chances with the ride. My 81 Toyota (The Brown Bomber) stayed on E, but then again I was 21 and broke. Well I guess I shouldn't talk, I'm guilty of stupidier things than that. lol.

S4sweeteeteeRS 09-24-2006 04:40 AM

ORIGINAL: qst4

I'm sorry Dave, bad etiquette. The question mark is because I don't understand why anyone would let their gas get that low, especially in a new Audi. And like someone above said, that can have some serious effects on your engine and thats a big chance to take on such a huge investment. I don't know, I check all my fluids and tire pressure once a week without warnings and go out of my way not to take unnecessary chances with the ride. My 81 Toyota (The Brown Bomber) stayed on E, but then again I was 21 and broke. Well I guess I shouldn't talk, I'm guilty of stupidier things than that. lol.
gotta say i agree with this one!
"e" is for empty. you should be filling up when the warning lite comes on (if not before)
was your wife laughing at you the whole time???? i would have been LMFAO (and probably would have made you wait a good long time before i came to bail you out!)
lessons learned!!!

A3Night 09-24-2006 04:43 AM

I was trying to get the tank almost empty so I can put some nice 100 octane fuel without much contamination. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.:D

S4sweeteeteeRS 09-24-2006 04:51 AM

ORIGINAL: A3Night

I was trying to get the tank almost empty so I can put some nice 100 octane fuel without much contamination. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.:D
WELL THEN, disregard my comments. OBVIOUSLY you were conducting a "fuel experiment". good thing you bled the tank. that thimbleful of 93 octane shouldn't skew your result.
you must be a mad mad scientist

A3Night 09-24-2006 06:12 AM

ORIGINAL: kelly

ORIGINAL: A3Night

WELL THEN, disregard my comments. OBVIOUSLY you were conducting a "fuel experiment". good thing you bled the tank. that thimbleful of 93 octane shouldn't skew your result.
you must be a mad mad scientist
Hmm... what I had in my tank was more dangerous than 93....

IT WAS 91!!!! [sm=insomnia.gif]

Audinam 09-24-2006 06:28 AM

Richard......... you should take vid of your 0-60 times again now that you're CAI and 100 octane, i'm guessing you're running low to mid 5's now

Chef 09-24-2006 02:45 PM

Rich,

The experiment on the A8 was a TDI which gets a lot better mileage than our little cars. A very cool video none the less! Nice excuse too!

Cheers!