Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Please help!

Old 01-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Default Please help!

Hi just taken dellivery of my new A3 2.0T Sline (Manual). I have noticed that when i hit about 3000rpm and above in any gear and then take my foot of the gas, it will continue reving for a further 2-3 seconds. I am a little conerened to say the least! Has anyone noticed this or is it a design feature of the car??

Thanks

Old 01-17-2007, 11:32 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Please help!

Sorry but that is not a problem with mine. Sounds like a trip to the dealer!

Old 01-17-2007, 11:35 AM
1st Gear

that would not be normal in any manual car.. sounds like some kinnda over run or summat!!!
take it in asap it could be nothin at all ?

Old 01-17-2007, 02:32 PM

Yeah, definitely not correct. Your car is DBW, so maybe the computer is getting confused or you have a bad sensor? Where's David when you need him?

Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: mattchels

Hi just taken dellivery of my new A3 2.0T Sline (Manual). I have noticed that when i hit about 3000rpm and above in any gear and then take my foot of the gas, it will continue reving for a further 2-3 seconds. I am a little conerened to say the least! Has anyone noticed this or is it a design feature of the car??
Thanks
Yeah I noticed it when A3 was brand new when you gave your A3 some throttle and it downshifted your revs would jump, and then when you immediately let off the gas there was a delay of 2 or three sec’s before it up shifted back to 6. I believe as Chef says you’re confusing the computer momentarily.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:47 PM

Maybe in an AT, but he has a MT. My revs change immediately upon the throttle and fall just as quickly with the release. That doesn't sound good, so I would definitely follow up with the dealer. It's under warranty so why not?

Search this Thread