Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Possible A3 Purchase .

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Default Possible A3 Purchase .

The wife and I are stopping down at an Audi Dealer tomorrow to check out an 07 Ibis White 2.0 premium, it has 10k miles options wise ..

Standard dealer crap

This 2007 Audi A3 4dr 2.0T SUV features a 2.0L L4 DIR DOHC Turbo 4 cyl Gasoline engine. It is equipped with a 6 speed tiptronic transmission. The vehicle is Ibis White with a Black Leather interior. It is offered with the remaining extended warranty. Air Conditioning, Dual Zone Climate Control, Cruise Control, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, Leather Steering Wheel, Leather Shifter, Power Drivers Seat, Heated Seat, Clock, Tachometer, Digital Info Center, Tilt Steering Wheel, Telescoping Steering Wheel, Steering Wheel Radio Controls, Sunroof, Moonroof, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Side Airbags, Keyless Entry, Security System, ABS Brakes, Traction Control, Dynamic Stability, Rear Defogger, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wipers, AM-FM, Cassette, CD Changer, Anti-Theft, Bose Premium Sound System, 17 inch Alloy Wheels, Leather Interior Surface, Rear Wipers, Center Arm Rest, Cup Holders, Vanity Mirrors, Center Console, Body Side Moldings, Side Curtain Airbags

Anyway, they are asking 28,998 and this is before tax,title,reg etc, there is a sale going on at all the dealerships tomorrow and the price of this car is suppose to go down.

What should I expect to pay??? It looks like new the invoice on these cars start out at around 25k ... I was think 26k off the lot? (Tax, title, etc).

Thanks! Hopefully the wife likes it and will be driving it home tomorrow night

Old 05-15-2008, 11:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Possible A3 Purchase .

SUV??? [:-]

Old 05-16-2008, 12:17 AM
1st Gear

SUV - Smart utility Vehicle.

If the dealer's BS can be believed, you're looking at a car with Premium package, Open Sky, DSG, cold Weather package, and Bose sound system. MSRP should have been around 32 on the car - if so, invoice would have been about 30,300.
The car should be offered as an Audi CPO with extra warranty - if not, find out why it didn't qualify. If the cars clean and nice, 26,500 or so is a fair CPO price.$1500 -$2000 less if not CPO.29k is getting way too close to what a new '08 can be bought for,and they're likely to have added incentives on themin 3-4 months when'09's arrive.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:24 AM
1st Gear

Have you priced out any 08's? The Bose sound system package adds on a hefty price and everyone has said it sounds almost EXACT to the stock system and its a waste of an upgrade. The nav in the package isnt anything amazing either, I would just get a garmin GPS for around 300$ that does a 10x better job than the Audi Nav. Without the bose package I think you could get an 08 2.0T for about the price of that 07 and its going to be brand new.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:54 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone, just to let everyone know we purchased the car on Saturday. It was certified so we get the extra warranty on it. The dealership had a "Garage Sale" of sorts over the weekend, so the price of the car was dropped down to 23,998 before tax/title/lic etc. The car we traded in had some negative equitiy but the dealership gave us high blue book value on it. I had them throw in tint and my wife wanted an Audi t-shirt and we'd have a deal Well, they agreed So with everything and putting 3k down we were right around 28k out the door (including gap insurance).

The wife loves the car and is looking at things she wants to do to it already

Old 05-19-2008, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

Congrats on a nice deal - I wouldn't sell my '07 that cheap, plus you got 100k warranty; really sweet. She is gonna have a love affair with that car - try not to feel left out.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:35 PM

Nice car with only 10k miles on the clock and fully loaded. Congrats! BTW, I can show your wife many things she can do [to the car], so just have her look me up. LOL

Cheers!

Old 05-19-2008, 05:19 PM

Do you know where to get tail light tint? And no I don't want to paint them

Old 05-19-2008, 05:35 PM

Not sure what to tell you about that? I would go to a professional tint shop, but I've heard of others doing it themselves. Many online sites will sell you the film, although I'd stick with a trusted source.

How about some nice performance mods???

Cheers!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:35 PM
1st Gear

Congratulations on your purchase! I got mine just a few weeks ago and it is already one of my favorite cars that I've owned. Good luck with it.

Quick Reply: Possible A3 Purchase .