Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Problems after Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 01:20 AM
1st Gear
Default Problems after Mods

I have listed the mods I have been doing to my 06 A3 2.0T in past posts. A quick review.
APR 93 remap
APR turbo back exhaust
Neuspeed Torque Stiffener
New Fuel Pump
Evolution Motorsport Intake (TODAY)
Stop Tech Big Brakes
Full Suspension (Springs, bars, struts)
OZ Wheels
Problems!
1) The Front Exhaust Hanger Mount bushings are tearing apart from the excess engine torque. Any after market or thoughts? I am going to order a new stock bracket and hope the Neuspeed Torque Bushing will prevent further damage. This $40.00 part works!
2) Every Darn warning light is on. ABS, ESP, ENGINE, BRAKE PADS. Can I get a reset tool so I don't have to risk going to dealer. Get read out myself and reset? Local shops I go to are not up to date yet.
3) I am having way too much fun in my "A3 work ride" and don't even look in the garage at my highly modifed BMW Convertible I have LOVED since new in 1991.
4) I'm 43. Every Kid in CT is after me on I 95.

By the way. After the "fixes" I AM DONE WITH THIS CAR FOR A WHILE. (I promised my wife!).
Scott

Old 09-02-2006, 03:52 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Problems after Mods

Hahahah... your 43? I hope I stay car/mod crazy like you till my grandpa years.

1- I'll jack my car up and look at the exhaust hanger tomorrow... what should I look for?

2- What did the dealer have to say about these warning lights? Perhaps they are legit lights?

3- My A3 is also my work ride/daily driver. I'm actually considering getting another joy ride (s2k???) to reduce the wear an tear in my work ride... perhaps you need to ride the bmw more

4- I'm 23, I'm after every kid/teen/adult/grandpa racer in SoCal

You'll never be done...

Old 09-02-2006, 11:15 AM
2nd Gear

Hey a3night I'm 36 years old w/2 kids wife and girlfriend,[X(] modding is in the genes it runs wild in the bloodstream,no age limit.
If you have it already at the tender age of 23 just wait till your 40, you'll be the coolest dad or grandpa, hahaha

Old 09-02-2006, 07:11 PM
1st Gear

I went in to Borders and asked some kids (18+) what the good Audi / VW mags were. They pointed me in the right direction and said your that guy with the Grey A3! It is good being noticed around town at 43. Glad they were guys into cars and not 18 year old girls. With a wife of 20 years and a 10 & 7 year old thats all I need! I have enough problems with all these mods I did to my car.
Scott

Old 09-02-2006, 09:18 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Since you have such an extensive list of mods, I would suggest also getting a VAG-COM tool.

This version is for the A3 (and other cars based on the Golf V chassis, e.g. Jetta, GTI, Golf, etc.)

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=VAGCOM

This version is for most Audi / VW (and even some Seat and Skoda) vehicles

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=VAGCOM

This will let you scan, read the codes, as well as reset the ECU.

Like A3Night, I am considering a used S2K for a weekend ride, but the A3 is so competent already! I am 31 and, occasionally, I will show up some fellow "young professionals" who think that their BMW 3 is so "choice". Best when the other driver is in a convertible and trying to impress his Newport Beach bimbo. Heh heh.

Stryker, with wife, girlfriend and 2 kids you still got time and money left over for mods? I need career advice from you!

Old 09-02-2006, 09:54 PM
2nd Gear

Orhtopedic implant sales, I work for the company that Jack Nicklaus is the spokesperson for STRYKER ORTHOPEDICS.
Its a little secretive career, where you can still grow 20% each year.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:27 PM

Hey man, my brother works for Stryker Ortho as a field rep installing Ortho Pad and Office Packs. He's fresh out of college at 21 and loving it. Where are you located.

And by the way, I'm about to turn 18 and making all my payments on my A3 with no parental assistance. The only thing they are buying me is my chip in October...18th birthday baby. HOLLA

Old 09-04-2006, 01:30 AM
2nd Gear

Hey wk4somefood : I like that name. i'm out of miami, fl. 305 baby.
Ask your bro if he knows any ortho reps in so. fla. I've been w/ the Co. for 8years now.
That's good your paying for most of your shiat, responsibilities. And the A3 DSG is the shiznit.
Check out mine lava grey carbonio, ghl turbo back pipe. Axis hiros 19s
2-3 weeks the chip is going in, cant wait .

Old 09-04-2006, 12:32 PM

He actually used to be based in Deerfield Beach...His name is David Brenner if that name rings any bells...Last month's employee of the month.

Yeah I did like the DSG but I went with the 6speed manual beacause it really felt nice. Yeah...The chip is going to rock.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:19 PM
2nd Gear

Because he worked for another division i haven't had the pleasure of meeting him.
On your other post with that sick ABT sportsline A3, go to there website, there are some crazy cars on there. NIce site