Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

quattro v DSG

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 08:23 AM
1st Gear
Default quattro v DSG

I am in the process of purchasing a used A3, I currently have a A3sport 2.0tdi and will be purchasing either a 2.0t quattro or the 2.0t DSG s-line.

Even after taking both for a spin im still unconvinced as to which i prefer, the s-line obviously had the better trim but for me the stock audi trim is good when compared to my only choice of company car (bmw 1 series 116i 'yuck').

The sales guy was saying the dsg is quicker in a straight line and the quattro quicker round corners, which after i went sideways round a roundabout (under instruction from sales guy) i could agree with. Though if i owned the car im not sure i would want to wreck the tires doing that.

I presume this argument has been had somewhere before, could someone who has driven both give me their opinion or point me in the direction of a thread where this has been discussed please?

Also i appreciate that the answer will probably be 'personal preference' but i have only had about 30 minutes in each car, not 6 months, does the DSG fun get old? Is quattro actually worth using on a daily basis?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Old 06-18-2007, 09:46 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: quattro v DSG

Also just to be clear, im in uk, so this is a 2.0t quattro not the 3.2, it would seem like the US dont get the 2.0t quattro option, is that right???

Steve.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:05 AM
1st Gear

You are correct...US gets the 3.2.
The DSG fun never gets old...been driving it for over a year now!
I have the 3.2 S-line quattro and a 2.0 front driver and both have the DSG.
The Quattro is very impressive in the wet...tenacious grip.
Both are excellent selections!
Rgds,

Old 06-18-2007, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the feedback,

I think im going to go for the 2.0 t dsg s-line. I hope it will hold my attention better than the 2.0TDI did, though as it was a diesel it was bloomin quick

I will report back after i have got the car with impressions.

Regards
Steve