Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Rear Valence & Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:23 AM
1st Gear
Default Rear Valence & Exhaust

Hi everyone,

I'm toying with installing a new exhaust on my car. I am considering two options, both by Super Sprint.

A) Single pipe that would exit with two tips. No modifications needed to the body.

B) One that splits into two pipes in the rear of the car, and then has two pipes (capped by two tips or a large singular tip). The tips on the right would come out just under the square cutaway piece on the bumper.

So, if I go with B, I have to get a new lower valence. (I think that is what it's called anyhow, please correct me!) Does anyone have suggestions for a kit that comes with the lower valence. For now, I just want that piece. I suppose it's possible in the future I might go for the whole kit, so overall look of the kit matter too.

If you have suggestions, pics, or links, all much appreciated!! (suggestions on both the exhaust and valence piece both welcome!!)

Cheers!

Old 04-30-2008, 04:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Rear Valence & Exhaust

The oettinger is nice ... but it's pretty expensive ...

http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=1151

Old 05-01-2008, 02:31 AM
1st Gear

I was talking to my Audi mechanic about this the other day. You can either have someone custom cut the valence for you or you can find one. I thought oettinger one would work really good but it is a bit pricey like boywonder said. Im not sure how well someone can custom cut the valence but if it comes out looking good why not go for the quad tip? I think the quad tip would look the best (option B I think it is).
Good Luck!!

Old 05-01-2008, 03:42 AM
1st Gear

Looks like ABT makes one too ...

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/show...hp?photo=20191

Not sure how much it is, but it looks pretty good!

Old 05-01-2008, 03:45 AM
1st Gear

... and another one ... Caractere

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/show...php?photo=5945

Old 05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
1st Gear

Thanks FusionX, I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps I will try that option first, but have the backup valence just in case!

Boywonder, thanks for the links!!! I'm really into that ABT.... Love the front of it too....ahh...ever more temptation!

Thanks for everybody's help!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:24 PM
2nd Gear

Oettinger

Old 05-03-2008, 03:03 AM
1st Gear

My friend got the Jetex quad pipe exahust for his GTI and cut the rear valence himself so I thought id take a picture to show you what it would look like. I personally thought he bought a whole new valence when I first saw it because it looked great. I think this is the best and cheapest way to go.

Name:  fullbodytour002.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  31.8 KB

Old 05-03-2008, 10:30 AM
1st Gear

http://www.zender-tuning.com/event_1...worldwide.html
This is a website I came across that has pretty cool kits and for not a much money as some others. The site seems to be down right now, but it should be back up soon.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:33 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Fusion has inspired me...I'm going to make sure I have an Oettinger valence lined up in case of disaster, but I'm going to DIY my valence first and see how it turns out. It looks great on the GTI! If I'm not going to go for the full kit all at once, it doesn't make too much sense to buy a valance, paint it and put it on if I can get a great result just by cutting. Did he just use a hacksaw to cut and some sand paper....does the plastic need to be refinished with anything?

I'm an architect...so a NOOB with anything that actually involves DOING something!

Quick Reply: Rear Valence & Exhaust