Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Review: Technine A3 3.2 ECU Chipped + Dyno...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:49 AM
1st Gear
Default Review: Technine A3 3.2 ECU Chipped + Dyno...

Had the opportunity to work with Technine on their latest software with the A3 3.2. Chris and Gary was a pleasure to work with, and I would highly recommend them if anyone is interested in getting their 3.2 chipped.
http://www.technine.ca/products/a3.html
We tested out 2 different software and I took the first one to the track on Sunday. While the throttle response was faster, I didn't feel much of a power gain and later when we were at the dyno it showed. However, a newer software was loaded on the same day, (the one shown on the dyno below) and the result was better.
The dyno we used was very conservative. To give you an idea, we had a Passat 3.6 which in stock form is about 280hp. From the dyno, it showed 190ish. When looking at the dyno chart, I would suggest you to look at the difference, instead of the final number as they are some what conservative due to DSG. The kick down function made the dyno much harder to work with as full throttle was difficult to achieve, we had to do numerous runs to get an accurate numbers for stock and chipped.
Overall, it is a pretty good mod. Of course, it's nothing compared to what you would get from the 2.0T, but the torque at low end and throttle response is well worth the money IMO. More importantly, the software was not overly aggressive which kept the VR6 smoothness. It gave the car a little bit more kick but the characteristic of how it drives remains intact.
I have yet to have time to test this new software on the track, but I will have keep you folks updated.
Dyno chart:

Pics:

Video clip of the dyno:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edowQYPVLgQ

Old 05-05-2007, 03:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Review: Technine A3 3.2 ECU Chipped + Dyno...

Superb, looks like the business to me. Great review.

What is the revised fuel consumption like?

Old 05-05-2007, 09:07 PM

I imagine with a better flowing intake and full exhaust, that would be a nice little gain.

Cheers!

Old 05-05-2007, 09:48 PM
1st Gear

250hp only gets 169 to the wheels huh? Quattro must really be a drain on efficiency in the a3... Doesnt the 2.0T dyno over 200hp to the wheels?(chipped)

Old 05-05-2007, 11:46 PM

About 210hp to the wheels chipped. Correct!

Old 05-06-2007, 01:12 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: falcompsx

250hp only gets 169 to the wheels huh? Quattro must really be a drain on efficiency in the a3... Doesnt the 2.0T dyno over 200hp to the wheels?(chipped)
Read my post again...

Different dyno has different numbers. This same Dyno had a M5 there with 280 HP to the wheels. As I said, this is a very conservative dyno. Not to mention, the A3 had DSG whichmade it impossible to getnumbers from WOT.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:26 AM

Very true about different dynos giving different values. It's more of a comparative tool. I have a dyno of my car with only a stage I chip giving 211hp to the wheels. That figure would probably change with every dyno.

Cheers!

Old 05-06-2007, 03:49 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: eltonsi

ORIGINAL: falcompsx

Read my post again...

Different dyno has different numbers. This same Dyno had a M5 there with 280 HP to the wheels. As I said, this is a very conservative dyno. Not to mention, the A3 had DSG whichmade it impossible to getnumbers from WOT.
I missed that part, most dyno's i've seen are usually in the same general ballpark though. I'm sure quattro does indeed rob some power though in exchange for traction. Nothing is free. Still quite a nice gain regardless for an N/A car from nothing but ECU tuning!

Old 04-11-2008, 01:06 AM
1st Gear

So where can one purchase said software?

Old 04-11-2008, 08:18 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: shaggny

So where can one purchase said software?
FWIW, the OP went and got Revo instead! Most of us w/ the 3.2s have Revo...haven't heard many others with anything else.

Quick Reply: Review: Technine A3 3.2 ECU Chipped + Dyno...