Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

RSB installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RSB installed!

First off, thanks to A3Night for a great deal on the sway bar! Second 12 point bolts are a B**CH to work with, and wrestling in the rsb is not a fun job, and third, huge difference in handling! Body roll is almost eliminated and turn in feels much more precise now. Great mod for the money.

*edit*
made by Neuspeed if anyone was wondering.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Default RE: RSB installed!

+1

Old 05-04-2007, 06:56 PM
SoCal Crew Member

+2

Old 05-04-2007, 07:08 PM

how hard is it to install a RSB? special tools? things to look out for?
how much would it be to get it installed at a shop?
what about springs? DOY or have a shop do it? i'm not that mechanically inclined.

Also i'm thinking of going with large wheels when it's time to change my tirs. should i go 18 or 19 (i would probably get replice RS4 or calera)? i'm also thinking of doing the springs at that time to lower the car a bit and fill out the fender gap. any suggestions? i'm located in the Bay Area so if anyone wants to help or can point out a shop that would be great.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:31 PM

Mark,

These are the hottest wheels I've seen:

http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132627

Old 05-04-2007, 07:38 PM

those are nice and only about $900, plus tires.

Chef,
i have the premium package, what are the best spring to lower the car and make it a little more stable and tigther? I'm not looking for race spring, but something that would keep me in par with my bro's 330ZHP. I think i asked before, but i think i was told to do the spring and wheels at the same time to make sure they fit well togther.

Thanks
Marco

Old 05-04-2007, 07:53 PM
2nd Gear

Congrats on the RSB, thanks for the easy purchase/seller experience!

Did you do the install yourself? I'll admit when I first installed it myself it took quite a bit of work but the second time around shouldn't be as hard thus why I offered you my services.

Have fun with it and drive safe!

Old 05-04-2007, 08:06 PM

Mark,

You need to do a bit of reading on the springs and shocks. If you just replace the springs, then the shocks won't last more than 20k miles or so. It's best to get both done at the same time since you'll have it apart anyway. There are a bunch of different options that will depend on where/how you drive, as well as your performance wants/needs. It is best to match your suspension with your tires. Take some time with this one because it is a lot of money and it truly affects your ride so much.

Cheers!

Old 05-05-2007, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

I got it installed with the help of my friend. Took a few allen wrenches to find one that wasn't too worn out so it could actually grip the 12-point bolts, but found some nice crisp ones to work with and all went ok. Getting the linkages connected to the new sway bar took some wrestling, mostly done by my friend since he could (barely) fit under the car without jacking it up. It really has to be under full load to get it into the stiff setting holes, you weren't kidding about that. With the new tires and sway bar a s-turn i used to get squealing at less then 60, i can now push through @70 with room to go faster, but the road conditions really arent safe to go any faster then that. It does seem to have made the rear end a bit stiffer(good) and on certain surfaces it even bounces just a tiny bit(bad), but the improved handling is well worth it.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:01 PM

what do you guys think about this kit from neuspeed? what's the labor cost to install it. i'm the Bay Area (Santa Clara)
http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=90|A3&type=2&ltype =ns_euro&p_id=1964

Thanks

Quick Reply: RSB installed!