Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

S-Line badge

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 05:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: S-Line badge

Copa2,

Actually, it's none of my business what people do to their cars. Here is another example for you: If you have a basic Mercedes-Benz and cover it with AMG badges without upgrading the powerplant, it will make you look positively silly. It's a free country, feel free to do whatever you wish to any car you own. Fellow enthusiasts here try to keep newbies from embarrassing themselves. Hey, it's the internet and we're just talking.

~ Blue Jays ~

Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Copa2
mechanically identical to a factory-specS Line vehicle, the only difference is the badges and by the way comments like that
Actually, it's more than just badges. The front and back bumpers are different as well as the Grill. Side sills has S-line, and the aluminum trim is also different.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:08 PM
1st Gear

not entirely true!.....07s have the cool s-lne bumper But yeah other then that they are the same. I do see where the anti-badge attitude comes from though, no one wants audi's to end up like honda's with all these type-R civics running around, and SIR accords, or Honda Integra type SH(on a civic no less, yes i've seen this before). Nothing wrong with putting s-line badges on an a3 IMO, just please dont go inventing things like a RS3 [:-]Each to his own though i guess. Personally want to remove every badge on my car and when i get over my laziness i will do just that.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:38 PM

Boys..Boys

Stop bickering. He did say "mechanically", which is accurate, and you are also accurate about the body changes.

Geeeezzz.

Can't we all just get along? At least both of you have A3's to drive at the moment!

Cheers!

Old 05-02-2007, 06:49 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef
Stop bickering. He did say "mechanically", which is accurate, and you are also accurate about the body changes.

Can't we all just get along? At least both of you have A3's to drive at the moment!
Mechanically they are the same, you are correct. But how I would define S-line on the A3 would be the front and back bumpers. Almost like a body kit. As for the bickering, this is nothing. I have seen worse... let's start a 3.2 vs 2.0T or DSG vs manual debate again!

Old 05-02-2007, 06:56 PM
1st Gear

Blue Jays,
Just because I am a newbie to this forum does not mean that I am not aFellow carenthusiast, all I was trying to to say is that you should check your facts before writing things like before,my car meets at least one of your so called typical scenarios (2nd ) , and like someone mentioned it here before anybody thats knows a little bit about cars can tell the difference, so for a car enthusiast like yourself things like that should not matter.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:57 PM
1st Gear

I will always go for the manual , more fun.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:08 PM
2nd Gear

Hey copa Since the war of words has ended i'll tell you how i have attached the aftermarket badges to my A3. First of all when i say aftermarket badges concerning my car it were the following that did not come with the oettinger package. ( audi 4 rings oettinger name badge).

It's very simple if you have clips use them if the badge doesn't have clips purchase some jb weld and two screws with bolts (nylon pref.) two big enough washersfor the backside of the grille see pic.The screws should be long enough to fit thru your grille and stick out the backside of the grille see pic. Mix the jb weld and glue theheads of the two screws to the back of the badge, let dry and fasten to your grille.

Ofcourse you are going to need to get to the backside of the grile loosen the three big screws on top of your bumper and wedge your hand in there. good luck.

And just to add my own two cents about badges or mods to ones car,last time i checked i pay my car bill every month therefor i decide what goes on my ride. Now if you post it be ready for criticism. And i hope this was not too much for just the s-line badge if you find the badge being too small for two screws switch to using one instead. Good luck.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:52 PM
1st Gear

Thanks again for the reply , the pictures are very helpfull I will try something like that , by the way the car looks great.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:01 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks, good luck.

Quick Reply: S-Line badge