Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

S-Line vs. Standard 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:51 AM
1st Gear
Default S-Line vs. Standard 2.0T

Hello,

I just got a 2007 A3 S-Line, what is the main difference between that and the standard 2.0T? I'm aware of the badges, seats, and other cosmetics, but what about suspension, etc.?

Thanks,
Josh

Old 03-14-2008, 11:38 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: S-Line vs. Standard 2.0T

Per the AudiUsa web site:

S line package:
[ul][*]Sport suspension[*]17" five-arm quattro® GmbH cast alloy wheels and all-season tires[*]S line sport exterior upgrade
[ul][*]Front grille and rear side molding with S line badge[*]Aluminum interior door sills with S line logo[*]S line front and rear bumpers[/ul][*]Roof spoiler[*]Air vents[*]Inlays in alloy[*]Brushed aluminum trim[*]Front fog lights[*]Three-arm multifunction, leather steering wheel (with alloy paddles for S tronic transmission)[*]Leather seating surfaces[*]Sport Seats[*]Power driver seat with four-way power lumbar[*]Storage Package[*]Illumination Package
[ul][*]Illuminated vanity mirrors[*]Driver and passenger reading lights[*]Lighted open door[/ul][/ul]
The above list is for the 2008 model which included for the first time the power seats, however, I think everything else is correct.

I hope this helps.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:52 AM
1st Gear

Thanks. I was thrown off because I don't have a power seat, but it makes sense because I have the 2007.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

The S Line is not worth what the money. You get some stickers and cosmetic changes and thats it. S line should give you a highly tuned engine with great suspension.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear

The reason I'm getting the sport package is for the seats and suspension. ^^ I think its worth the extra $$ personally but thats just me. Sure I'm going to get some better coilovers but that will be some time after buying the car.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: graviton

The S Line is not worth what the money. You get some stickers and cosmetic changes and thats it. S line should give you a highly tuned engine with great suspension.
I really don't understand that comment. I believe that the $2,500 that the S-Line package costs is money well spent.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:38 AM
1st Gear

I'm with Shipo, but mine is a 06 and the s-line package didn't give you bages or front air dam spoiler. You did get the rear hatch spoiler and the sport seats and suspension as well as the fog lights but what package doesn't come with those? I would kill for a S type seats that are in S4's or the S3's that would realy be nice. and since I'm wishing here a 2.0T with quattro or a 2.0TDI with quatrro.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:10 PM

I'm also in the same decision point. Almost sure I'll go with the s-line package, but I want to test drive one with the package to compare the suspension feel.

Can some of you guys that have driven the normal and sport suspension 2008 A3 comment on the main differences?

Thanks!

PS. I currently own a Jetta '05 TDI GLS with so called sport tuned suspension but in general I think it just made the steering stiffer...

Old 03-23-2008, 06:51 PM

Are you selling the TDI? I might be interested if you're planning on trading it in. I had a 2002 Jetta TDI which I sold after I bought the A3. It definitely has the same big torque feel and tick of the TDI, but with a lot more horsepower.

BTW, I changed my suspension at 60k miles and the struts just fell and had zero life left. POS suspension IMO.

Cheers!

Old 03-23-2008, 09:17 PM
1st Gear

The packages are so confusing.

I just looked over Shipo's list, and my car, which is not S-Line, but is Euro-spec TDI has the entire package except:
the badges, the wheels (different rims, but still 17inch), the bumpers, and the rear spoiler. The interior brushed aluminum inlays are the same, both my drivers and passenger seats are power, and I ordered one without the leather seats (Open Sky, 40degrees, leather...can't imagine! But the cloth seats were no cheaper...go figure.)

It's interesting to see how a company localizes its cars to a huge market like the States. But I'm wondering, with globalization (ie we can all compare the specs and prices of our cars online) and new markets (i.e. Audi sold 100 000 cars in China in 2007...soon eclipsing the US market) if Audi will go to a more consistent international branding strategy. I have also always wondered if S-line diminishes the brand value of the "s" cars because some people may confuse the two. Having said all that, Audi in Taiwan does sell the A4 in S-line, but not the A3. ODD!

Quick Reply: S-Line vs. Standard 2.0T