Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Say Hello to my new Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 07:37 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default Say Hello to my new Motor Mount

Got my Transmission mount in 30 mins ago, it's freaking awesome, love it when i change gears, it just zips right into gear and there's no lag that pulls the weight to the rear like before. just pop it in gear and go.

3 mods down, and 10 more to go!!!!!

Old 10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Default RE: Say Hello to my new Motor Mount

ORIGINAL: Audinam

Got my Transmission mount in 30 mins ago, it's freaking awesome, love it when i change gears, it just zips right into gear and there's no lag that pulls the weight to the rear like before. just pop it in gear and go.

3 mods down, and 10 more to go!!!!!
10???

You mean this month, right? LOL

How much did you spend on the Transmission Mount? What brand, and which shop?

Sounds like a good mod.

Next, you should get those windows tinted. I know that it's not a performance mod, but it's really nice and looks great! I saw a black A3 roll out with 20% tint all around before my car went in and it looked sharp!

Congrats!

Old 10-09-2006, 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Chef

Next, you should get those windows tinted. I know that it's not a performance mod, but it's really nice and looks great! I saw a black A3 roll out with 20% tint all around before my car went in and it looked sharp!

Congrats!
Funny you should say that Chef...

I just picked up my A3 from the tint shop with 20% tint all around and it looks incredible. It really filled in the missing style point and now registers a 10. I have seen a few A3's in person without the my body kit and no tint and they just look incomplete. I will post pix soon and you guys will see what I mean. It really is impressive.

Audinam- How much did you pay for your mod? It sounds cool, but I am unfamiliar with it; can you describe technically what it does?

-Danny

P.S.
The legal limit in Florida is 30% up front and 20% at the back, hopefully I won't get smacked with a fine.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:00 AM
SoCal Crew Member

The Mount i got was from VF Engineering for 200 bucks, plus 50 for the install by Group 5 Motorsports down here in SD.

Danny, what the stock mount does is when you shift at high rpms, you have the lag that shifts the car's weight forward before you get into gear, then the weight shifts to the rear when you get into the next gear, so with the stiffer transmission mount, the shift of weight is almost non-existant in which power gets to your wheels faster and more efficient while shifting. and with the siffer mount, there's less chance of breaking your mounts when you floor your pedal.

my next mod is to black out my chrome grill lip, but i'm keeping the rings chrome though, i'm doing it myself, i got some primer and some black paint and hopefully it'll look nice, if not, i'll just go buy the black trim from ecstuning.

yeah, 10 more mods

1. black out grill
2. CAI
3. exhaust
4. suspension springs
5. coilovers
6. wheels
7. tires
8. wheel spacers....maybe
9. left and right motor mounts
10. Brakes
11. tint

ok i lied, i have 11 more mods, not 10......... anyone else wanna give me more ideas for more mods? hee hee.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Audinam

The Mount i got was from VF Engineering for 200 bucks, plus 50 for the install by Group 5 Motorsports down here in SD.

Danny, what the stock mount does is when you shift at high rpms, you have the lag that shifts the car's weight forward before you get into gear, then the weight shifts to the rear when you get into the next gear, so with the stiffer transmission mount, the shift of weight is almost non-existant in which power gets to your wheels faster and more efficient while shifting. and with the siffer mount, there's less chance of breaking your mounts when you floor your pedal.

my next mod is to black out my chrome grill lip, but i'm keeping the rings chrome though, i'm doing it myself, i got some primer and some black paint and hopefully it'll look nice, if not, i'll just go buy the black trim from ecstuning.

yeah, 10 more mods

1. black out grill
2. CAI
3. exhaust
4. suspension springs
5. coilovers
6. wheels
7. tires
8. wheel spacers....maybe
9. left and right motor mounts
10. Brakes
11. tint

ok i lied, i have 11 more mods, not 10......... anyone else wanna give me more ideas for more mods? hee hee.
I wish I was young and free again! LOL

Dude, you've got thousands of dollars worth of mods there, and you shot down my lead for a much better paying job??? Oh well, maybe you need to work hard for a while before you find the easy life. LOL

Take care you speed demon!

Old 10-10-2006, 03:20 AM
2nd Gear

Hmm... I should get a 2nd job too to fend off Nam's mod-war.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:21 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: A3Night

Hmm... I should get a 2nd job too to fend off Nam's mod-war.
you don't need to, you're still in the lead with CAI and exhaust, those two mods aren't coming near my car for a few months, besides, i don't mod to race, i just mod........ just...... because.

and those 11 mods, well, those are gonna take months, besides, chances are i'm not gonna even do brakes or rims, just better tires.....for now

Brian, i truely believe i need more experience before i take a better position

btw, just finished painting my chrome lip on the grill. soon, my audi will be blacked out, maybe tint will be my next mod.