Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Serious question about SIRIUS radio...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 05:42 PM
1st Gear
Default Serious question about SIRIUS radio...

I see on my 2007 A3 I have Sirius satellite radio. There are a few stations available and I listen occasionally. I did not order this feature but assume it was included in the Nav/Sound or Technology package.

In any case, I have it, and it works. I've not signed any agreement with Sirius, I was not told by the Audi Dealer to do anything with it.

Does Sirius broadcast a few free stations? Or am I getting some sort of trial period automatically?
Does it run out in a month? A year?
Any idea how much it costs to subscribe?

Thanks for any info!

Old 11-22-2006, 05:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Serious question about SIRIUS radio...

ORIGINAL: Jefferson

I see on my 2007 A3 I have Sirius satellite radio. There are a few stations available and I listen occasionally. I did not order this feature but assume it was included in the Nav/Sound or Technology package.

In any case, I have it, and it works. I've not signed any agreement with Sirius, I was not told by the Audi Dealer to do anything with it.

Does Sirius broadcast a few free stations? Or am I getting some sort of trial period automatically?
Does it run out in a month? A year?
Any idea how much it costs to subscribe?

Thanks for any info!
My understanding is that you are suppose to get a 2 month free trial because of your new Audi, but I believe you have to activate your service.
Its $12.95 a month as I recollect with 130 channels.
That would be neat if they gave a you a few free stations with no activation.
Yeah it came with the NAV/Sound option.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:12 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2007 audi with the navigation plus system as well.
Mine also came with a couple of free sirius stations (including Howard 101) when I got my car.
I signed up over the Sirius website yesterday to find out that you get a 3 month free trial with ALL channels once you register.

I wonder if it will revert back to the 10 or so complimentary channels after the trial is up...

Old 11-25-2006, 08:33 AM
pbt
1st Gear

I put Serius in my truck a year ago and paid for a years subscription. I drive a little over 150 miles a day and thru different raidio areas. I found that after a couple of weeks I did not use the regular AM/FM and did a way with the factory antenna. I no longer use regular radio. I changed my one year membership to life time. I think Serius is great and in Jan. they start a seven year contract with NASCAR. You know how us Southern Rednecks are about NASCAR... Now we will have one or two channels devoted to NASCAR 24 hours a day which will remove the need for regular radio in about 12 states.

I think that a 3 months free membership will hook a lot of people

Old 11-25-2006, 11:11 AM
1st Gear

I was told the same. 3 month free trial. I am curious which channels will be free after the trial, I only like a few of them. Also, do you guys have an opinion of XM vs. SIRIUS? I guess I could read that else where.

Thanks

Old 11-25-2006, 05:16 PM
1st Gear

Check out sirius versus xm.

Hmmm only 499.99 for lifetime, but they want $75 for switching to a another radio? (up to 3 switches)

Other current deals.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:23 PM
1st Gear

thanks guys...good info..I Was wondering why the "free sirius" had only a few stations, Howard, some rock, some pop, some jazz. gonna head over to sirius.com now for 3 free months....

Old 05-16-2007, 12:29 PM

MP3 player any time upload what you want and listen when you want or go cd player

Old 05-16-2007, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

With my car on the day of delivery the girl rang XM (the satellite radio I had installed) and gave them my radio's ID over the phone. I didn't sign anything or give out any credit card details. My subscription lasted 3 months and I had access to all their radio stations for that period. I also signed up to their website and had access to their radio stations stream across the web. So I had it in my house through my media PC as well After 3 months my subscription ran out, and now when I change to the satellite radio on my head unit I get a few free stations, but nothing exciting. I have been debating with myself if I should get the subscription or not. But between having the 6-cd changer and the 2 SD card readers (which I have 2x 4GB SD cards for MP3) I see no reason to subscribe. If I did a lot of highway driving from city to city then maybe I would cause I would eventualy get sick of my MP3 and CD collections. But for me I am content with what I have minus the XM radio. I do admit it was good while I had it but paying for it is a different story Yup call me a prude [8D]

Old 05-16-2007, 03:22 PM

i have sirius and befor it expired sales person from sirius called me and asked for a extention and it was after 9 months and also the extention goes as well for 9 months
its 06 model

Quick Reply: Serious question about SIRIUS radio...