Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Seriously Concidering an A3 S-LIne

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Seriously Concidering an A3 S-LIne

Hey all,

New to this section but not this forum. About a year and a half ago I had to trade in my 225 TT for a.......pick up. [:@] Please see the General Forum for my re-entry. I just want to know how you all like your A3's? Have any of you owned a TT? How do the two compare? Any feed back is appreciated. See ya around.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Seriously Concidering an A3 S-LIne

Let me be the first to say how much I love my A3. Like any car, it has a few design flaws - mostly ergo issues in the cabin - but performance is awesome (chip is a must) and interior is elegant while still remaining uncluttered. I haven't driven a TT, but I'm sure the drive is not dramatically different. I'm sure you'll enjoy the extra cabin space as well. Highly recommended! Good luck!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear

Well I haven't driven a TT, but I think the A3 and the TT probably have very similar characteristics -- they share the same PQ35 platform. The TT is obviously more aerodynamic, and probably weighs a little less. The A3's center of gravity is probably a bit higher too. Overall though, I think they probably drive very similarly, the A3 is just more practical for everyday use. Like the TT, the A3 comes with either the 2.0T and FWD or the 3.2 Quattro.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:30 AM
1st Gear

They are both Audi's. If you liked your TT, you'll like the A3.
The difference as already mentioned is the A3 is a lot more practical. It has a lot more utility. More space for cargo, it has a real usable back seat for passengers, and it has a lot more storage. It's a much better daily driver.
I was seriously considering getting a new TT... until i sat in it. Then all the memories of our first gen TT came rushing back. Great car, but it's just not a good daily driver, for me anyway. So I didn't even test drive it. Ended up with my 08 A3 S-line and love it. It's the best of all worlds.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

LOVE MY A3! It is now a year old since I bought her new. Driven TT's before and loved them. very sporty and handled incredibly. Down fall is its not a good daily driver. now the a3 is very comfortable and with a little suspension tweak can handle like the TT. As for space... Well lets say there is a whole lot more. Its a great vehicle and if you are really thinking about it go and test drive you won't be disappointed.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:57 AM
1st Gear

Like other, I am in love with my A3. Black on Black, S-line. It is by far my most favorite car I have owned. However coming to this board and asking a question like that, will yelid you somewhat biased answers. Incuding myself =) !!!! If I were you, take it for a test drive and do that with otehrs cars you are considering. See which one fits you the best, then make your decision.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:58 AM
1st Gear

I came to the A3 from a 225 TT and love the A3. Yes I miss that rag top sometimes, but I'm extremely happy with the A3. Very similar to the TT in many ways except that the steering is much easier than in the TT. I missed that at first but now I'm used to it. I actually don't miss the size of the TT doors. The A3 is smaller and much more manageable because of the four door.

I definitely went with the S-Line since I was used to that tight ride and feel of the TT. I did test drive the premium model and it was too cushy for me.