Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Shopping Bag Hooks

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 06:00 AM
1st Gear
Default Shopping Bag Hooks

Is it possible to buy the shopping bag hooks and put them in if we didn't get the
premium?

thanks

Old 11-14-2006, 07:54 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Shopping Bag Hooks

I have shopping bag hooks on the sides even though I only have a 2006 Sports package A3.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: a3_yuppie

I have shopping bag hooks on the sides even though I only have a 2006 Sports package A3.
It's part of the convienence package.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:47 AM

ORIGINAL: BearTrap

ORIGINAL: a3_yuppie

It's part of the convienence package.
There are two in the back on my 2006 Sports A3 as well. Not sure if you get more around the car with the convienence package.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:05 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef
There are two in the back on my 2006 Sports A3 as well. Not sure if you get more around the car with the convienence package.
I think only the fold down hooks beneath the parcel shelf are part of the convienence package. The others may be standard for all models.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:02 AM
1st Gear

I got the convenience package and I have 4 brackets on the bottom, which fits a big a$$ cargo net. I have a cargo net on the right side behind the brake light. There is a pull down hook under the interior shelf, which is good for hanging shopping bags on with bottles and so forth on and there is also a small cargo net under that shelf as well. Not sure what of those are standard and what I got as part of the convenience package.

EDIT: Actually I don't have the convenience pkg, but I have all that stuff... must be something to do with the Premium Pkg or Cold Weather Pkg that I got.... [&:]

Old 11-15-2006, 05:46 AM
1st Gear

Most definitely the cargo nets and fold down hooks in the hatch were either part of the convenience package (if you had sport) or included with Premium (since premium included the convenience package.)

So many dealers misunderstood this that the screwed up the accessories in the cars. Because the convenience package also included some key things, like all the trip computers activated. It is ridiculous that you can get the car without all those things activated, because you know they are mostly built in and a waste not to use. It's simple software to make them work.

I struck down a couple deals on some 2006 sports packages because they didn't have the convenience package on them.

Back to your original question. I don't think you can add the hooks very easily, but you could probably more easily swap with someone who has the cargo cover that doesn't want their hooks.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:04 AM
1st Gear

thanks for the replies, any one with 07s?

the bags hooks only came with premium on 07s

Old 11-24-2006, 01:08 PM
1st Gear

I should look for these... where are the hooks? Or where would they be if I didn't have them? Too obvous to discuss?

Old 11-24-2006, 02:52 PM
pbt
1st Gear

I have the premium package and the hooks are folded back at the rear of the trunk cover behind the cargo net.

Love my A3

Quick Reply: Shopping Bag Hooks