Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Sirus Radio sound quality

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Default Sirus Radio sound quality

On my '07 A3 with the AudiConcert radio, there are two problems I am experiencing. First, when I listen to Sirus, I have to increase the volume +10 for it to be compairable to when I am listening to FM. So when I switch from Sirus to FM, I get blasted and has to quickly turn the volume down. Is there any adjustment to make so that the FM & Sirus volume can be equal? The second issue is that the sound quality of Sirus sounds more like AM radio, the FM sound much better. I thought Sirus is suppose to have better sound quality. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Sirus Radio sound quality

Sounds like your sirius tuner could be faulty. The sound from the satellite should always be better than FM. I've had a few sirius radios over the years and I found the sound quality to be very good. The one time I had the issue you are describing, the tuner ended up dying on me and when I replaced it it was fine. You could double check the wiring connections between the HU and the Sirius unit in the trunk and the antenna connection. If you can't find your own solution then take it back to the dealer.

I can't remember whether or not you can adjust the volume setting between components on the concert or not. I have an 07, but I replaced the HU so I can't check for you. There is a menu system on the concert and I think it has the controls to fix the volume difference between CD/radio/etc. I'm sure there is something in there for that.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:42 AM

That seems strange, you should get it checked out. I have Sirus in my other ride(F-150) and it sounds amazing and is the exact same output as FM, CD, or iPod. The A3 did not
come with Sirus, something to be set for Ford including Sirus for free , pretty nice.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:53 AM
1st Gear

A3 3.2 S-Line with Sirius and it sounds great. It appears something is malfunctioning with your stereo. I'd visit the dealership if it's still under warranty. Good luck.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:12 AM
1st Gear

Update about the volume compensation between components. I read the manual this morning and it didn't mention anything about it. So I'm guessing the Concert stereo doesn't have this adjustment.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:48 AM
1st Gear

I don't have any of those problems and I have the concert II in my car. the FM and Sirius sound levels are the same between switch's and the sound quality with my sirius is great. I would deffinatly take it in to be looked at, you may have a wire problem somewere that was created during the build and finaly has shown up.