Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Sorry but probably a noob question but is short...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 04:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Sorry but probably a noob question but is short...

I decided to chip my car(A3 2.0T)...The only issue is that I am DSG..I searched in forums and all that but there were plenty of oppinions and they never anwsered the questions( some said that they knew someone that blew his DSG and other said theyhaventhad any problem so far)so...

If I chip my car it will blow the DSG?? I normally drive calmly with a few pulls... I only floor the car in the 1/4 mile wich I go every 2 weeks and run about 5 times

Hope you can give some advice in a FRIENDLY newbie way!...

Old 05-26-2007, 04:48 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Sorry but probably a noob question but is short...

Not to worry there mait. I have dsg and have about 12k miles on my tranny 10k of that is with apr stage 1 and 2. These cars weren't madewith performance driving in mind.[8D]

Old 05-26-2007, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

An APR or other flash on a DSG car is a thing of beauty - You'll love it. I've never heard of a DSG having problems due to a small increase in power.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

Is it true that APR has a more advanced sofware for the DSG?? I was thinking on revo but because its more agressive I tought it may damage the DSG or make the shiftd harder..

Old 05-26-2007, 06:33 PM
1st Gear

What do you mean with: "These cars weren't madewith performance driving in mind" ???

Old 05-26-2007, 06:39 PM

He just made a typo.

The DSG will withstand a chip just fine. The APR software was based on the DSG transmission and many have said that it is much smoother shifting than the REVO.

Cheers!

Old 05-26-2007, 07:07 PM
1st Gear

My only worry was if the DSG could hande all that power because I read somewhere that DSG only could handle 285 lbs of torque... I guess i could stand the harder shifting with REVO but there isnt a lot of diference between REVO and APR right?? From what I've read i think they are both almost the same power ..Anybody has used APR and REVO in a DSG?? opinions??

Old 05-26-2007, 07:29 PM
2nd Gear

That was an error on my typing (pecking) skills. What i wanted to say is that they (tranny) were made with performance driving in mind.
These cars come stock under powered with much more room for power and torque to be added, by a car mod junkie like my dear friend Chef.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:13 PM

Hmm...Hmm...Look who's talking.

If I only had a ton more money than I'd have the Osir body kit to rival your Oetty.

Cheers!

Old 05-26-2007, 09:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: MexA3

My only worry was if the DSG could hande all that power because I read somewhere that DSG only could handle 285 lbs of torque... I guess i could stand the harder shifting with REVO but there isnt a lot of diference between REVO and APR right?? From what I've read i think they are both almost the same power ..Anybody has used APR and REVO in a DSG?? opinions??
Stock DSG can handle the HPA 400hp Turbo just fine. So you think a mere chip is going to cause any problem?

From most reviews, it does indicate that Revo is more aggressive while APR is smoother. The only person I know who has done both is Dave (crew) from Vortex forum, but his A3 is not DSG. He went from Revo to APR.

Quick Reply: Sorry but probably a noob question but is short...