Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Sticky? Running pricing thread?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Sticky? Running pricing thread?

Any chance we could sticky a thread on 'what to pay'? It would be helpful for the noobs amongst us that are out shopping for deals and could benefit from other's recent transactions, and who they bought from. I found a few threads here and there, but it would be nice to have it front and center as a running thread.

As for me, I just bought a '08 2.0 6MT, Lava Gray, S-Line, Titanium, Open View, Convenience Pkg, Heated Seats, Xenons, Bluetooth. 4.9% for 48 months, $800 over invoice. So-so deal for an '08, but it was the car I wanted, in stock and ready to go (Tysons Corner, VA). I'll add Sirius later.

The Audi beat out the GTI 4dr, Civic Si 4dr, G35, and Mazdaspeed 6 on my shopping list. Really liked the GTI but wanted the additional bells and whistles of the Audi, and also didn't like the thought of riding around in a car that looked the same as a $15K Rabbit. The MS6 was great in a straight line, but thirstier, is known to have lots of little glitches, and is about to be redesigned. The G35 was solid, but Nissan has a way to go on the thrashiness of the VQ at higher RPM's - still sounds like a truck when mashing the loud pedal - no improvement over my '04 G35 and no financing incentives. The Si - I'd like to be able to access the power somewhere on this city block please, rather than after 6K RPMs.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Default RE: Sticky? Running pricing thread?

Congrats on the new ride.

It's tough to have a thread on what to pay. It changes so often between model years, monthly specials, and dealerships. The best method is to post if you have questions or problems and see what people in your area are doing at that time.

Cheers!

Old 09-29-2007, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: yankees25

Any chance we could sticky a thread on 'what to pay'? It would be helpful for the noobs amongst us that are out shopping for deals and could benefit from other's recent transactions, and who they bought from. I found a few threads here and there, but it would be nice to have it front and center as a running thread.

As for me, I just bought a '08 2.0 6MT, Lava Gray, S-Line, Titanium, Open View, Convenience Pkg, Heated Seats, Xenons, Bluetooth. 4.9% for 48 months, $800 over invoice. So-so deal for an '08, but it was the car I wanted, in stock and ready to go (Tysons Corner, VA). I'll add Sirius later.

The Audi beat out the GTI 4dr, Civic Si 4dr, G35, and Mazdaspeed 6 on my shopping list. Really liked the GTI but wanted the additional bells and whistles of the Audi, and also didn't like the thought of riding around in a car that looked the same as a $15K Rabbit. The MS6 was great in a straight line, but thirstier, is known to have lots of little glitches, and is about to be redesigned. The G35 was solid, but Nissan has a way to go on the thrashiness of the VQ at higher RPM's - still sounds like a truck when mashing the loud pedal - no improvement over my '04 G35 and no financing incentives. The Si - I'd like to be able to access the power somewhere on this city block please, rather than after 6K RPMs.
Where did you get 4.9% for 48 months from?
I keep being told that Audi has no special rates for financing or lease on 2008 A3s.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:26 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: mrvuml

Where did you get 4.9% for 48 months from?
I keep being told that Audi has no special rates for financing or lease on 2008 A3s.
Not sure if it's a regional incentive or not. It's 3.9% for up to 36 months, 4.9% for 48, and 5.9% for 60.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/audi...0&state=NC

Keep in mind that ran through 10/1, so not sure what we'll see them announce on Tuesday.