Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Still no A3 yet.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 03:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Still no A3 yet.

So, I bought my 2007 A3 on Sept 25th.

The car was built on Sept 5th, 2006, and the status was "IN TRANSIT".

Sales guy told me expect the car to arrive the week of Oct 16.
He told me this on Sept 25th.

It is now November 1st and still no car.

Anyone have any idea what could be taking this long?

How long is the average wait when a car is "IN TRANSIT" status?

Again, bought the car on Sept 25th and it is Nov 1st today, still no vehicle.

Old 11-01-2006, 03:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Still no A3 yet.

I'm suffering with you, buddy. "Bought" the car (ordered it with $1000 down) on Sept. 26 and was told 8 - 12 weeks. Tried to be patient, but checked in with my rep. two weeks ago and was told "Merry Christmas." He also said Audi pads their estimates with 1 or 2 extra weeks, so who knows.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 PM
1st Gear

I was told that one you get the target delivery week that means + or - one week.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

Scalz,

Your saying you probably wont get your A3 until Christmas???

If your sales rep said to you "Merry Christmas", that means its still another month or more away.

Did you have to actually put an order in for your A3?

Mine was "in transit" when I bought it, so I didnt need to order it.

Ordering would have probably been an even longer wait for me.

But at this point, does it even matter?

Old 11-01-2006, 07:10 PM
1st Gear

Oh Man, sorry to hear this. I remember you making a post back when my car was shipped. I picked my A3 up at the dealer as promised on October 16th. We did custom order our car, but no way should shipping (especially when it's in transit) take this long, or even Christmas! Somebody screwed up. I'm going to guess someone else bought your car and they are covering it up by actually ordering another one. Ask your salesman this question. "How long does it take to get a boat across the Atlantic in the 21st Century?"
Reviewing my emails and dayplanner here is how it went down with me;

Tuesday July 11th
Agreed on options and price with dealer. Ordered my A3.

I believe it was that week that he gave me a delivery estimate of early to mid October, which happened.

Friday, Sept 8th
He sent me an email as soon as it was "produced" (as the Germans say.)
This is basically what it said:

departure port of emden/germany: 09/05/06
eta port of san diego: 09/27/2006
release to carrier @ port: 10/06/2006
eta dealer in bay area: 10/09/2006

So that gave them 22 days to ship the car from Germany to San Diego. (I think you are on the East Coast so you get a different port.) Another week to 10 days to go through customs, and then they put it on a truck to send to your dealer. If your dealer didn't screw up (or lie) then "In Transit" would mean to me that the boat from Germany is going to be on a happy cruise for three months? four months? Did it sink? Is the captain drunk?

Old 11-01-2006, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

I also was thinking that someone may have bought my car and the dealer is covering it up now.

But now I am at the point that I want my $2000 grand deposit back and go to another Audi dealer.

I read the back of my sales receipt and it says that "delivery" is not the dealer's fault.

If I dont get this vehicle with 1 week, I want my deposit back.
Hopefully that wont be hard to get back. They had $2000 of my money since Sept 25th!!!!

Old 11-01-2006, 09:56 PM
1st Gear

I heard from local Audi dealer recently after asking why he wasn't getting any Audi shipments to dealership, that there was a problem with off loading cars at the San Diego port. I assume there are some union manpower issues to resolve? Its been going on for some time.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:39 AM
1st Gear

Californian Here. A note regarding car shipments. When they say San Diego its actually Long Beach. This is THE dock for all vehicles that enter the states after quatrain. The problem with this is California dock workers have been on a restricted strike that causes items to sit in the dock area for any were from 1 to 6 weeks and no one is informed giving you the in transit marker.
So for all you waiting on your ride. Be patient it is going to be worth it. I LOVE MINE.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:04 PM
1st Gear

Well, atleast there's a reason for the delay for people on the West Coast.

But I wish someone can explain the delay at the PORT in Rhode Island, where my A3 is sitting at.

New Jersey here and its Nov 2nd today and still no vehicle or phone call about it.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:23 PM
1st Gear

Hey, I thought all you people on the East Coast had some gangster friends you could call in for a situation like this?

Ha ha! Just Kidding, but wouldn't it be nice.

It's a tough situation, kinda like you don't want to **** off the mechanic while their working on your car. They've got your money, and they owe you a car, but surely there is a limit for how long they can delay things?

Good luck. Keep us posted. And maybe this dealer needs a little negative publicity?