Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Suspension For Dummies

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Default Suspension For Dummies

I'm seriously considering purchasing a new A3. I've been spending way too much time at www.audistylz.com playing with different color combinations and rims and body kits. And I LOVE the way it looks on that website when you lower it.

So I've got a few questions in regards to suspension. Please keep in mind that I'm a beginner :

How much can I expect to pay to lower a new A3? - both parts and labor - just a general ballpark.
Will modifying the car affect the warranty?
What would you recommend as far as finding a quality shop that will lower it for me? I assume you can't take it to a dealership to have this done? Anyone from Arizona and can recommend a good shop?
I'm also wondering about how low I can modify it, but I saw an early post today asking that so I can wait to see if someone replies to it.

From what I have read lowering it will hurt the ride quality, but I'd be willing to trade that for better handling and a much improved look in my opinion. Now I just have to figure out which color A3 to go with...

Any help is appreciated!