Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

To Tint...or To Not, DUH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 02:39 AM
Default To Tint...or To Not, DUH!!!

Okay,

I've had a lot of people asking about tinting or not and levels. Listed are photos of my car stock and 20% tint all around.

You decide...

Cheers!

Old 10-18-2006, 04:41 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: To Tint...or To Not, DUH!!!

I tinted mine today, did a 35 all around, found that 20% was a lil bit too dark for my driving style for the sake that i need to watch out for cops. so i went with a 35, not too dark, but light enough for people to see in, but not to clearly. i love it.

planning on getting the Neuspeed CAI and bring it to the gtg to have you guys help me install it.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 AM
1st Gear

I tinted mine also 35% all around, and tinted the roof also with a darker shade (forgot how many percent). I heard some says that the roof is too thin to be tinted, but the tint shop says its fine and they have done it before to other A3s.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:39 PM

Tint looks great. Plan on doing it to my Lava Gray A3. What's considered legal in CA for the fronts? My wife is driving the car enough that I don't need her getting pulled over cause I want the car to look a bit cooler :-) Also, any suggestions on where to get my A3 tinted in San Francisco, or the Bay Area? What did you guys pay for tinting?

Thanks!

Drew

PS: Where did you get the S3 badge. looks great

Old 10-18-2006, 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: drew138

Tint looks great. Plan on doing it to my Lava Gray A3. What's considered legal in CA for the fronts? My wife is driving the car enough that I don't need her getting pulled over cause I want the car to look a bit cooler :-) Also, any suggestions on where to get my A3 tinted in San Francisco, or the Bay Area? What did you guys pay for tinting?

Thanks!

Drew

PS: Where did you get the S3 badge. looks great
You can tint anything you want on the back, but nothing on the front. I paid $175 for mine from the premier guy in the area that the BMW shop uses. But that is a great deal IMO.

I picked up the S3 badges from Ebay. Guy imports them from the Motherland.

Cheers!

Old 10-18-2006, 05:50 PM
2nd Gear

I got 35 % all around reflective on mine, should've gone darker but oh well. Anybody tint their sun roof glass?
I've been told the glass could crack because of the extreme heat and shrinkage of the film.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:03 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: drew138

What's considered legal in CA for the fronts? My wife is driving the car enough that I don't need her getting pulled over cause I want the car to look a bit cooler :-)
Legal for CA is 75%

$175?!!!!!!!! that's a freakin deal!!!!!! mine was 250, and that was after 3 hours of shopping around.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 PM

How about some names / phone #'s of places tint shops. $250 seems about right. $175 seems high if you only got the rears and hatch done. I'll probably get 30% for the rear 3. I'd like to get something in the front. Has anyone seen what 80% looks like on the A3 fronts?

Thanks for the tip on ebay for the S3 badge.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:14 PM
SoCal Crew Member

80 is tooooooooooo light for me, i don't even know if they selll anything lighter than 75%.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:41 PM

They saw 75% so that covers a light factory tint for any production car. Getting anything on the fronts has the potential to cause trouble. BTW, the $175 was for the back, rear, 1/4 glass and fronts. Great deal I know!

Quick Reply: To Tint...or To Not, DUH!!!