Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Trouble finding in CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 03:46 AM
1st Gear
Default Trouble finding in CA

Who knows if it is just the dealer who is lookin', but I am having trouble finding the A3 I am looking for in No.Cal

Options

A3, Lava Grey or Black with Grey int.
Sports Pkg
Sound Pkg
Open Sky

Don't want

Nav
Sirius or X/M (because I can't hook up an ipod, right?)
Beige Interior

Is what I am looking for unrealistic? It seems like stock is a bit low in CA this time of the season, but I want an '06 for the maintenance....

Eh? [&:]

-moo

Old 06-29-2006, 04:05 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Trouble finding in CA

Dealers in So. Cal. are almost out of A3's, hard to find one with the options you want. Willing to wait 3 to 4 months to order your 2007?

Old 06-29-2006, 04:46 AM
1st Gear

I went to Reactor to get the A3. Told them what I wanted and they went out and got it for me. You can try them out. I don't know where you are located but Reactor is in Burlingame near SFO. Feel free to check mine out at www.969motorsports.com

I hope you get what you are looking for.

Oz

Old 06-29-2006, 01:42 PM

Good luck finding an '06 like that. Oh yeah, you can't have mine either. That's a great set-up for the car if you can find one. Exactly how mine is built and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Good luck!

Chef

Old 06-29-2006, 02:22 PM
1st Gear

I just went through the same thing (in the opposite end of the state though). The only Red 3.2 w/ the options I wanted (nav, open sky, cold weather, 18", xenon) was in San Fran and they wouldn't deal at all on it. One dealer tried to get me to pay $1500 to get the car shipped down here! When I tried to order an '07, they wouldn't budge from MSRP. I got a tip from a moderator over on audiworld and ended up ordering an '07 w/ exactly what I wanted through a broker for well below MSRP including the maintenance package.

If you want, you could try giving them a call and see what they could do for you. It might be worth a quick south west flight ($120) down here and driving the car back up if you don't mind waiting on an '07. Check out http://www.buyfleetdirect.com/ and talk to Drew.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:13 PM
1st Gear

Weak Sauce.

I kind of don't want to wait for '07

a) It is summer, and I want to drive it
b) '07's will be apparently more money
c) '06's have maint. for free. Not '07s

He found the one I want, but without the sound upgrade (single disc, no pimpin' bose speakers). Is there a big difference in quality? I am tryin to figure out what to do here... heheh.

j

Old 06-29-2006, 07:19 PM

If your only holdout is the Bose system, forget about it and buy the car. The Bose is okay, but not worth the difference in the car.

Just BUY IT!

Old 06-29-2006, 07:36 PM
1st Gear

I thought audi was having trouble selling these dang things in the US!

I was coming to the same conclusion that you just articulated. Lets hope it still exists. I figure once I throw my ipod in there I am not gonna care anyways.

moo.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:01 PM
1st Gear

Just picked mine up from Oakland (I live in SF) yesterday...took me about 2 months to find the one I wanted (Moro Blue 3.2 with opensky/bluetooth/nav/18's. I used either yahoo autos or cars.com to send emails to local dealers (after test driving) and negotiated the best deal, got it for $100 under invoice and couldnt be happier...let me know if you want the contact info for the dealer I used, he was really honest and responsive.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:53 AM
1st Gear

Got all hooked up on friday. Due to a wierd dealer f'up I ended up with a decent deal. 2.0T, Nav, Sport, Black.

I have to say, thanks for the help guys. I wasn't sure if the dealer was playing with me or telling me the truth about how tough certain configs are to find. I think I lucked out -> thought it sounds like there are a lot of nav's still around since most people would rather spend the money elsewhere.

Expect a bunch of posts from Mookid!

Quick Reply: Trouble finding in CA