Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Two Questions about my new A3

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 08:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Two Questions about my new A3

ORIGINAL: i_baked_cookies

Okay, lets say I found someone willing to trade...

What does the tuner look like and where is it in the car?
Look here for pictures of the tuner, where it's located, and what the model numbers are.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:00 PM
1st Gear

I might be willing to trade you sat receivers; I have an '07 with Sirius. Does your car have TPMS or Nav?

Old 07-29-2007, 10:17 PM
1st Gear

Guys... why bother trading?
First of all, the two are supposed to merge sometime around the end of this year.
Second, you are going to be able to order stations a-la-carte kind of like cable.
The only negative i heard is you might not be able to mix xm and sirius stations. For instance you can order Oprah or Howard Stern but not both.
But if i was you, I would just wait. My current car has xm and I'd much rather have sirius, but I've dealt with it for the past year because they are similar enough until the merger.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:32 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: d2mini
But if i was you, I would just wait. My current car has xm and I'd much rather have sirius, but I've dealt with it for the past year because they are similar enough until the merger.
The only reason I'm getting XM is because I'm going to piggyback on my mom's account and get it for $6.99 a month; otherwise I'd opt for Sirius.

As for merger, we'll just have to wait and see what the FCC says.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:09 PM
1st Gear

http://www.xmradio.com/merger/news.xmc

Old 07-30-2007, 12:41 AM

My understanding is that Sirius and XM are still asking permission to merge, optimistic XM FAQs notwithstanding.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:06 AM
1st Gear

I agree that the dealer will not do the steering mod. I brought the power steering adjustment up w/ my dealer, and they took me aside and said, condiscendingly, "you don't want to mess with that." Actually, I did want to mess with it, so I took it to Neuspeed. They happily tried to do it through VAG-COM - but found it locked a la the '07. I had just received a factory update with the last service that may have disabled it. I posted this issue a while back, but no one confirmed it to be true. The bottom line is that you're better off going to a tuner for the steering mod.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:20 PM
1st Gear

Okay, I understand the steering adjustment a lot better now. I'll just leave it go until I decide I really want to mess with it.

And thank god that Sirius and XM will merge later this year... I don't even really listen to the satellite radio much, but if it was cheap to switch over I figured I might as well do it... I'll just wait.

Other than that, I'm loving my new A3.

Thanks,
Drew

Old 07-30-2007, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

Sorry about the double post...

But since my tuner is already installed (wires run, etc.), all I would have to do is unplug my XM tuner and plug in a Sirius tuner... that simple?

Old 07-30-2007, 05:39 PM
1st Gear

Grrr... sorry about the triple post, I hope it's no problem, sorry.

What do you mean by TPMS.. I have the upgraded Bose sound system, no navagation...

I'll trade you as long as I can just switch it out, as mentioned in my previous post... I sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: Two Questions about my new A3